Those weird pictures when you switch to Max...

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
I want them. I don't know why, i just want them!

Who's with me?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I'd be curious to see a list of all the different ones you can see.
  • edited April 2010
    It's great to finally see how Max views the world. Not surprising it's a bit crazy!
  • edited April 2010
    There seems to be 16 different pictures... at least so far in the first episode I wonder if there will be different ones in the next four episodes.
  • edited April 2010
    When You see the picture of the women riding (lets hope riding is the right word) I wasnt paying attention to the screen and it scared the crap out if me!
  • edited April 2010
    The images flashing up were certainly a big "wtf" factor, especially the women who I can only describe as milk maids.

Max also likes tanks it seems.
  • edited April 2010
    I also noticed a telephone and a viewfinder.
  • edited April 2010
    Zonino wrote: »
    Max also likes tanks it seems.

No surprise there :D
  • edited April 2010
    I get the feeling that Max has no control over the images... like they just pop into his head.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I get the feeling that Max has no control. over the images... like they just pop into his head.

^ That's slightly more accurate (for me at least). :p

Finding random images to plant in Max's brain must have been an interesting job. Hope we get to see some new ones in the upcoming episodes!
  • edited April 2010
    I wonder if they are just public domain images, maybe some original photos as well.... the back story to this would be kind of interesting
  • edited April 2010
    Actually, I got tired of them really fast already, so personally I rather hope they are gone for the next episode...
  • edited April 2010
    Holy crap why? They aren't even distracting; they're a PART of the gameplay mechanic. They are literally a part of it. Part of the function; part of the game's humor.
  • edited April 2010
    Holy crap why? They aren't even distracting; they're a PART of the gameplay mechanic. They are literally a part of it. Part of the function; part of the game's humor.

Not really apart of the humor, more like part of the trippy-ness or mystery factor of Max's powers.
  • edited April 2010
    Not really apart of the humor, more like part of the trippy-ness or mystery factor of Max's powers.

Which is....a part of the humor?
  • edited April 2010
    I loved them. I loved them alot.

I'd like to see different ones each episode, but there were a lot there. I can imagine that if that is all of them though, I'd get bored of them by the final episode.

Whoever thought of this is a genius. And I love how they're high-resolution photos, it looks great.
  • edited April 2010
    While we're at it, I want that artwork of Sam and Max on the front page at the end of the tutorial, and the painting in Momma Bosco's lab. :]
  • edited April 2010
    While we're at it, I want that artwork of Sam and Max on the front page at the end of the tutorial, and the painting in Momma Bosco's lab. :]

The paintings in momma bosco's lab are part of one of Steve's paintings of Sam & Max in their office. It's in the Surfin' the Highway collection available in the store, towards the back of the book. I'd hope that the store would sell the standalone prints again (especially since I never got a copy) but I have no idea what all is involved in that. (i'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to get one of the max imp shirts).
  • edited April 2010
    I wonder if the images will change with each episode.
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah i didn like them either. Found them quite annoying.

However its kinda fun seeing max's view on the world, like at some places Sam is standing in a big Frying pan, there is a skeleton in Momma Bosco's place that looks almost like Murray with his body, then there is cows on the street and such xD that is hilarious though.
  • edited April 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    The paintings in momma bosco's lab are part of one of Steve's paintings of Sam & Max in their office. It's in the Surfin' the Highway collection available in the store, towards the back of the book. I'd hope that the store would sell the standalone prints again (especially since I never got a copy) but I have no idea what all is involved in that. (i'm still trying to figure out the best way for me to get one of the max imp shirts).
    *flips through Surfin' the Highway*

Ohh, there it is. It's so tiny and subtle I'd never noticed it before. XD
  • edited April 2010
    It's so tiny and subtle I'd never noticed it before. XD

Aint that what make these comics so great ?
    It's just amazing how many meaningless crap is happening in the background, you could read them a thousand times and still keep discovering new stuff ;)
  • MRNMRN
    edited April 2010
    I loved the pics xD

They're just so damn random xD
Sign in to comment in this discussion.