Shader engine

Just finished 301, and loved it X3

But on topic, the shader & lighting in the game: it bugged out quite a few times for me, noticeably on Sam but especially on Max because of his fuzzy white body.

At times different sections on him (I'm assuming polygons) are darkened while others are still fairly lit, with straight line borders. Some parts will look natural while others (for example, one time was the left half his face) would be blotted out (while the other half was still white).
Plus at times he's just completely black... and not just in shade, but in sunlight as well. It's a little eerie...

Of course most of the time he looks fine, and I do love the new graphics; I thought I'd just bring it up.

Also I want TF2 SamHat =( yeah the spy already has a fedora but it's so different.

Specs:
Since Q3 '07
Windows XP SP2
2GB DDR2 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS 256MB
Core 2 Duo @ 1.7Ghz
Run at 1280 X 800 at graphics level 4 or 5

Lemme know if I left anything out.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    i had this problem too, i think it has something to do with your graphics settings, but on my pc there's really nothing I can do so i just moved around and finished the game. it didn't really ruin anything for me, but i hope to buy a new graphics card soon so i can play with more clarity.
  • edited April 2010
    it just looks so strange to have these dark and bright rectangles on him sometimes.
  • edited April 2010
    I didn't get those rectangles when I was at graphics level 4 or 5, but when I switched to 3 to improve the framerate, they started appearing on Sam & Max, but not any other characters (as far as I know).
  • edited April 2010
    Isn't real-time lightning enabled on 7?
    If so, that explains your weird stuff happening to Max (which I have never seen...)
  • edited April 2010
    I had that happening too.
  • edited April 2010
    Just finished 301, and loved it X3

But on topic, the shader & lighting in the game: it bugged out quite a few times for me, noticeably on Sam but especially on Max because of his fuzzy white body.

At times different sections on him (I'm assuming polygons) are darkened while others are still fairly lit, with straight line borders. Some parts will look natural while others (for example, one time was the left half his face) would be blotted out (while the other half was still white).
    Plus at times he's just completely black... and not just in shade, but in sunlight as well. It's a little eerie...

Of course most of the time he looks fine, and I do love the new graphics; I thought I'd just bring it up.

Also I want TF2 SamHat =( yeah the spy already has a fedora but it's so different.

Specs:
    Since Q3 '07
    Windows XP SP2
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS 256MB
    Core 2 Duo @ 1.7Ghz
    Run at 1280 X 800 at graphics level 4 or 5

Lemme know if I left anything out.

I believe it's a problem between the Telltale engine and the 8400M GS, I had a similar occurrence in season 2. Try updating your graphics card drivers.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.