Screen resolution question.

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Hello. First of all, LOVE Telltale! It makes my dull life a little better. :) :o :)
My question is this: I have heard that, when playing a game, using the lowest screen resolution available, will make the graphics look better. Is this true?
Specifically, I have a screen with a resolution of 1680 X 1050, and a semi-decent computer attached to it - which resolution should I run the new Sam and Max game in?
(I apologise if you have heard this question before. I did search the forum for an hour or so, before posting, however, I could not find an answer to my question.) Thank you to anyone who answers my (probably boring) question. :) I appreciate you taking the time for me.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    I prefer a crisp image. You only get that if you run the game in your displays native resolution. If your system is a bit weak, the game feels better in a lower resolution or with lower quality settings, because you won't get a decent framerate otherwise. But in general the native resolution is preferable. Otherwise the image needs to get interpolated to fill the screen.

In S&M S3 E01 the image won't be crisp though, because there is a global grain filter applied to make it look like some old video footage (or mediocre camera).
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah, it's quite the opposite, the higher the resolution, the better the images look.
  • edited April 2010
    Okay, thanks so much for answering. :) :) :)

(I kept hearing that a lower screen resolution was better, but that didn't make sense to me, because the in-game settings offered so many resolutions to choose from. Well, perhaps it was different "back in the day?")
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Well, perhaps it was different "back in the day?")

No, it never was different. Lower resolutions are only better if the hardware is too weak, but they are never better on good hardware.
    Unless of course you define "better" as "less details, more aliasing".
  • edited April 2010
    Low Resolution- Best Performance
    High Resolution- Best Graphics

(Has always been so...)
This discussion has been closed.