evil.png?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Right when I've finished the game I've started browsing the files hoping to find all the photos Max sees when using his powers. But what I found was weird: A tiny png pic with some kind of serial number. It's not encoded, so it can't be a secret of any kind. So what is it? Is it for a print version mode of activation or what? Is it different in every copy of the game?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Yep!
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks!

Funny thing, to call it "evil", unless it means Electronics Value Inteligent List or something.
  • edited April 2010
    that's pretty evil I must say.
  • edited April 2010
    I knew Telltale Games were turning into an evil corporation.

I just had no idea how deeply the roots had spread into the program files on my OWN COMPUTER.
  • edited April 2010
    Mr. Spatula is most probably the fish behind the curtain.
  • edited April 2010
    Mr. Spatula is most probably the fish behind the curtain.

And he is most propably
    hiding a cow in here.
    I knew it!
  • edited April 2010

I just had no idea how deeply the roots had spread into the program files on my OWN COMPUTER.

WHAT.
    Telltale have files on my computer??!
  • Seriously! It's called evil.png?

(goes and check.)

Yep, it's called Evil.png!

WTH?
  • edited April 2010
    I guess whoever wrote the code simply felt that it wasn't the right way to do things, but doing it properly would have taken too long. A programmer may see this as a kind of Faustian pact :)
  • edited April 2010

¬¬

Very funny.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I think we called it evil.png because we were at the end of our rope trying to figure out a clean way to represent big ledgible numbers for offline users who have to print out their serial number. I'm surprised that shipped out though, heh.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.