How many times have you said...

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Almost every time I've seen a Pixar movie, I've come out of the theater thinking "They have outdone themselves. This is the best Pixar movie I've ever seen".

Now I am trying to count the numbers of times I've felt the same after finishing a Telltale game. This has no objective value, as it depends not only on personal opinion, but also on the number and order of games you play.

My "best yet" number at the moment is probably 5. I was totally blown away by this game.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Huh. I dunno. And I haven't thought that way about a Pixar film, well, ever. Their animation is always great, but the actual movies? Up did a LOT toward being a legitimately good movie, but the idiot sidekicks kind of ruined it. I'd prefer to watch the old guy the whole film, myself.

Telltale seasons is a bit more iffy. Season Two of Sam and Max made me feel like that consistently. Wallace and Gromit felt amazing the whole way through. The other two series are a bit more spotty.
  • edited April 2010
    I feel this on many occasion, but, I'm easy to please.
  • edited April 2010
    with Pixar last time was with Toy Story and maybe Toy Story 2.

... i miss 80s & 90s Disney (never got into the older ones though. i plan on trying them again. also princess and the frog, but no one wanted to watch it at the theatres, so i didn't go)

with telltale... mmh dunno. probably sam & max season 2, since season 3 Ep.1 had a lot of stuff i didn't like and i haven't played the other series
  • edited April 2010
    For me Pixar has peaked with "Ratatouille" (closely followed by "Monsters Inc." and "The Incredibles"), so everything that came after that I felt was good to great, but not "they've outdone themselves"-material.

I still rank "Tales of Monkey Island" a bit higher than "Sam & Max", but if I have to stay inside the S&M-series, I'd say 204 is still my favorite. We'll see how S3 evolves though.
  • edited April 2010
    My Pixar peak was Knick Knack, best movie would be The Incredibles.
  • edited April 2010
    I like Pixar, they're a bit less "nice, but I've seen/heard/read that story before" than Disney.

As far as telltale games go, well, I liked the ones I played, the Strong Bad trogdor one less-so (I'm just not a HSR fan), and my favourite games would be the Sam & Max ones. I also liked Wallace and Gromit, but I haven't finished it yet. I liked Monkey Island but less than Sam & Max.

The Devil's Playhouse sounds like it will be great so I might think they've outdone themselves, but so far since my favourite is Sam & Max, the later games, although I liked them, I liked less. Which means that no, I didn't think they outdid themselves. I thought they did great though.

Now, when I heard about the psychic power thing though, I though that was promising and interesting, so I can't wait to try that.
  • edited April 2010
    I really like all Pixar films except for "Up".

And yeah, 301 is nice, better than 201, so it shouldn't surprise me if 303/304 and 305 blow us away :D.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.