Cannot Restart S&M3

edited April 2010 in Game Support
Hi,

I've run into a problem with S&M3.
If uninstall and reinstall the game I can start it fine, by choosing the Launch open from the launcher, but if I close the program down and then restart it then SamMax301.exe sucks up as much CPU as possible but no program window appears.

My PC is a Dell XPS 1710 laptop running Win7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Graphics Driver is Nvidia 179.48

Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this ?

Thanks

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Does it also work if you delete/move the prefs.prop file instead of reinstalling?
  • edited April 2010
    Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to make any difference.

If I delete or rename the prefs.prof then as before SamMax301.exe takes 100% CPU but doesn't display any windows.

This is pretty frustrating as it's the first Telltale Game I've had real problems with.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited April 2010
    Just a wild guess, but what happens when you right click and run the game as administrator?
  • edited April 2010
    DjNDb, sadly that didn't help either nor did Compatibility Settings BUT I have solved it and thanks to everyone who's made suggestions.

It appears that Sam and Max and Comodo Firewall v4 cannot play nicely together on my PC.
    Even with Comodo fully disabled the game would not run, but actually uninstalling Comodo did the job.

Not sure why Comodo is causing this problem (maybe a problem with the hooks Comodo installs on network interfaces ?) and if it's just something wierd about my setup, but it is working now and if anyone else is seeing the problem with the latest version of Comodo installed it might be worth fully uninstalling it and seeing if that helps.
This discussion has been closed.