Sam and Max's ages revealed?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
In season 3 episode 1, Max said Sam was "pushing 40", which would mean he would be at the very least, older than 35. Both Sam and Max grew up together, so they would probably be the same age, or very close. So this would mean Sam and Max's age would be somewhere in the realm of 35-39, most likely 38. I had always thought they were middle-aged :D

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Good fact finding!
  • edited April 2010
    If Sam is 37-39, then that means he was 7-9 in 1980 in Chariots of the Dogs, and who holds a prom with the theme "summer of awakening desire" for kids that age? Especially in October? If anything he should be older than 40.

Not that Sam & Max has to be consistent. I always thought they were in their early to mid 30s.

Max actually said that Sam was pushing 40 in dog years. Whatever that means.
  • edited April 2010
    it means he's about 6 years old in human years
  • edited April 2010
    Hmmm, I don't recall Max saying "dog years", I'm sure it was something like "you're pushing 40, *insult*, *insult*..."

Also, "dog years" depends on the breed of dog (i.e smaller dogs live longer than larger dogs).
  • edited April 2010
    He said Dog years. But, still, now for me Sam is 40.
  • edited April 2010
    I'd have to check, but I think the line was "You're pushing 40 in dog years, you're not a very good detective, and it looks like you've put on weight."
  • edited April 2010
    what did sam say to spark that again?
  • edited April 2010
    samage.th.jpg

EDIT:
    "Max, come over here and ground me"
    "Okay, that should do it..."
  • edited April 2010
    He asked Max to ground him because he was plugging a cable in.
  • edited April 2010
    40 in Dog years would put him close to 6 years old.

Of course Dog years in the Sam and Max universe could be something else entirely. I still like to think they're closer to 30 :P
  • edited April 2010
    Around 40 seems right to me. Though, what really got ME thinking was the line concerning Sam that the Narrator said at the end. Man, I'm weird.
  • edited April 2010
    Cheri wrote: »
    Around 40 seems right to me. Though, what really got ME thinking was the line concerning Sam that the Narrator said at the end. Man, I'm weird.
    Sam finding his true love?
  • edited April 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    Sam finding his true love?

If I understand the journal on DeviantArt, Yep.
  • edited April 2010
    So... Many... Sam... Avatars... In... This... Thread...

Didn't Sam already find it?
  • edited April 2010
    Didn't Sam already find it?

...Does his gun count?
  • edited April 2010
    I thought maybe it was referring to the fact that they were originally created 30-40 years ago, maybe that's just me being dumb though.
  • edited April 2010
    I also seem to recall Max mentioning something happened "over 30 years ago", if we assume that they were involved in said, then they're at least 30 :D
  • edited April 2010
    I think he's whatever age is convenient for the story or the joke at hand.
  • edited April 2010
    FireAza wrote: »
    I also seem to recall Max mentioning something happened "over 30 years ago", if we assume that they were involved in said, then they're at least 30 :D
    He was referring to something they did while time travelling in Chariots of the Dogs.
  • edited April 2010
    I think he's whatever age is convenient for the story or the joke at hand.

Agree. It's like Sam's Aim.

But for me, he is still 40.
  • edited April 2010
    Using Chariots of the Dogs logic, could someone try and find/remember what time was it when you were in the future Sam and Max office building?

Wait-

If they get their normal office in Chariots of the Dogs, then either they got a new building built for them or Skun-k'ape's locked in the closet like Steakcharmer.

Telltale, you got some asplainin' to do.
  • edited April 2010
    Using Chariots of the Dogs logic, could someone try and find/remember what time was it when you were in the future Sam and Max office building?

Wait-

If they get their normal office in Chariots of the Dogs, then either they got a new building built for them or Skun-k'ape's locked in the closet like Steakcharmer.

Telltale, you got some asplainin' to do.
    They did the 'splainin'. Jake did a post about it, I believe. I'd find it, but I'm lazy.
  • edited April 2010
    Something about the future not being set in stone or something?
    The 3rd of March 2108, I think.
  • edited April 2010
    Technically Sam and Max are humanoid beings what resembles Dog and Rabbit. They can be like that "space monkey" where they only call that Villain monkey because based of his look, yet he could be thousands of years old.
  • edited April 2010
    Look, just go with this easy to follow rule of thumb:

If the creator(s) didn't think much about it, you shouldn't either.
  • edited April 2010
    How old are Bart, Lisa and Maggie Simpson again?
  • edited April 2010
    10, 8 and 1.
    Look, just go with this easy to follow rule of thumb:

If the creator(s) didn't think much about it, you shouldn't either.
    I prefer this one: If it's fun to think about, and you don't have anything really important to do, go ahead and think about it. I don't think anyone here thinks that their ages are very significant of anything.
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    10, 8 and 1

For 21 years.
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I prefer this one: If it's fun to think about, and you don't have anything really important to do, go ahead and think about it. I don't think anyone here thinks that their ages are very significant of anything.

But it's Sam and Max! The core of their character is simply based on how old they are! If I can't tell what their ages are, then I might as well not play the games.
  • edited April 2010
    And in a shocking twist, it turns out they're both 3 + 54i.
  • edited April 2010
    The only way you'll ever really know their true age is to take all the hints we've been given... and then divide by zero.

At the end, you'll either know their true ages, or have reversed all the known laws of the universe. Hopefully both!
  • edited April 2010
    I thnk they're as old as Steve himself. Born 1972, which would mean 38 years old.
    Of course, Max has stopped growing at the age of 16.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.