Click'n'Drag: S&M vs TOMI

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Am I the only one who prefer the old TOMI click'n'drag method?
I believe that S&M is a little bit more complicated by the "hand-pointer" that adds to the joystick pop-up. Too much cursors!! :D
TOMI version without additional cursors appearing was more confortable to use.

The problem is that sometimes I loose track of where the hand-pointer is because I'm looking where Sam is going, co I can't relate it to where I remember the joystick appeared. It's so different from TOMI where the cursor disappeared and you REALLY direct-control the character (and not the joystick like in Sam&Max!).

I hope in a future option along Normal and Sticky that can provide the old TOMI Method - control the joystick directly by mouse movement.

It's a bit of a mess to explain these things, :confused: I hope you've understand.

And - BTW - I'm nitpicking.... The game is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. And direct control confirm the HUGE cinematic feeling of this title. Congrats, TT! :)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Already being discussed here.

We agree with you. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Noohhh, we don't!

Although point&click is king, click&drag works a lot better in S&MS3 (whilst still having a few issues) than in TOMI.
  • edited April 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Noohhh, we don't!

Although point&click is king, click&drag works a lot better in S&MS3 (whilst still having a few issues) than in TOMI.

I guess I need to clairify. We agree with this part:
    I believe that S&M is a little bit more complicated by the "hand-pointer" that adds to the joystick pop-up. Too much cursors!!

The problem is that sometimes I loose track of where the hand-pointer is because I'm looking where Sam is going, co I can't relate it to where I remember the joystick appeared. It's so different from TOMI where the cursor disappeared and you REALLY direct-control the character (and not the joystick like in Sam&Max!).

It would work better if the mouse was constrained to the joypad area instead of forcing you to track the mouse/hand position relative to the thumpad icon.
  • edited April 2010
    Although i also already wrote that i see it more as an useless information and so it should be an option which you can turn on/off, i still prefer the frisbee over the aliasing circle thing because a) it looks a lot better and b) it's not placed in the middle of the screen all the time, instead i can place it more near the edges where it doesn't hurt this much.

Throw away the frisbee and all will be fine.

If you're in frisbee mode it guess you're right that constraining the mouselocation and disabling the mouseicon could be the better option, although i'm not sure if things get too blinky and more movement is involved because you have to get the mouse where you want it to be after the walking part. Constraining the mouse is something which you better test as it sometimes can feel a bit weird.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.