Name of Bumpus' songs in hit the road (NOT King of the Creatures)

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Okay, so the other day at a friend's place a song came up on his winamp playlist, it was a kinda shitty-but-funny country song called "All my Exes Live in Texas" (i can't remember who it's by, and i'm too lazy to check that up since that's not what i'm interested in).

This title and its puns instantly reminded me of the end of Hit the Road, when you get into Conroy Bumpus' Mansion. In the very first hall, there's a few gold records on the wall, for songs with silly title sounding a bit like the one i just quoted. I remember they were pretty funny, but i can't remember WHAT they were.

Thought i'd just run the game and load an old save to check it out, which i just tried, but i guess i must have deleted the savefiles or something, cause they ain't there anymore :(

So could anyone who can still access the room without having to replay the whole thing (or someone who just remembers them) give me those song titles ? I guess it could be a good opportunity to just replay the damn game and find out by myself, but oh well, still thought i'd ask.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help ;)

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I think one of them is "Drinking beer and shooting things"
  • edited April 2010
    Not the one i vaguely remembered, but it's a cool one anyway :D
    Thanks ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    It’s a platinum record Bumpus’s got for “Let’s Drink Beer and Shoot Things”.
    It’s a gold record for Bumpus’s “Heaven’s Just Like Texas Except that There’s No Taxes”.
    Conroy’s first eight-track tape, “Flushed Down the Toilet of Love”.
    It’s a gold record for Conroy’s runaway hit, “Broken-Hearted Roadkill on the Highway of Romance”.
    Oh, the platinum record Conroy got for his all-time hit, “Smile when You Say That, You Rock’n’Rollin’ Wimp”.
    Bumpus got this gold record for “Daddy’s Two-Steppin’ in His Two-Foot Grave”.
    It’s hard to believe that he’s sold a million of “Tobacco Spit Blues”.
    It’s a gold record for Conroy’s breakthrough hit, “Two-Fisted Beer-Drinking Gun-Toting Hard-Loving Fast-Driving Country-Western Liverpudlian.”

As featured in the lyrics to Sam & Max disco by trapezoid.
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »

YAY! I link to that song which works!
  • edited April 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    It’s a platinum record Bumpus’s got for “Let’s Drink Beer and Shoot Things”.
    It’s a gold record for Bumpus’s “Heaven’s Just Like Texas Except that There’s No Taxes”.
    Conroy’s first eight-track tape, “Flushed Down the Toilet of Love”.
    It’s a gold record for Conroy’s runaway hit, “Broken-Hearted Roadkill on the Highway of Romance”.
    Oh, the platinum record Conroy got for his all-time hit, “Smile when You Say That, You Rock’n’Rollin’ Wimp”.
    Bumpus got this gold record for “Daddy’s Two-Steppin’ in His Two-Foot Grave”.
    It’s hard to believe that he’s sold a million of “Tobacco Spit Blues”.
    It’s a gold record for Conroy’s breakthrough hit, “Two-Fisted Beer-Drinking Gun-Toting Hard-Loving Fast-Driving Country-Western Liverpudlian.”

Oh god, i had forgotten how great those were :D
    Thanks an awful lot ;)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.