Superball and the closet

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
In episode 204 when Sam and Max go one month through time to see Superball gaurding the closet, he explains that he can't explain why. When you listen to the commentary for that episode, one of the TTG workers, I can't remember which, says: "oh you don't know what's in the closet? I do. The Writer told me," or something along those lines. Now, as the office
has been enveloped by a second penal zone
it is looking more and more like we won't find out why. My questions are as follows:

1. Will this be explained in coming episodes?
2. Does it have something to do with an item Sam and Max put in the closet to commemerate episode 203 ar 204? (being that 204 already happened because it actually was during the time of 205)
3. 12/X=3

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Your spoilertag doesn't work, and it was a joke (as can be heard by the "not really" and laughter following that comment IIRC).
  • edited April 2010
    What is in the cupboard is Leonard in bondage, saved for Superball's strange sexual experimentation whenever Sam & Max are gone.
  • edited April 2010
    What is in the cupboard is Leonard in bondage, saved for Superball's strange sexual experimentation whenever Sam & Max are gone.

Strange, indeed - Leonard was dead by that point. Superball was likely guarding the closet because he found Leonard's corpse in there and believed it to be relevant to the case of the missing president (Max came back from his time-travel adventure a few months too late, leading to a desperate search for him).

Oh, and Sam and Max couldn't have put something in the closet between 204 and 205. As I just said, Sam and Max skipped the multiple-month period between the start of 204 and the start of 205 when they ended their time-travel adventure by escaping via Bermuda Triangle.
  • edited April 2010
    ...what? He was clearly alive, he attended Sybil's wedding at the end of 205!
  • edited April 2010
    ...what? He was clearly alive, he attended Sybil's wedding at the end of 205!

Sam found Leonard in the closet in Hell's version of the office. And a lot of people came back from the dead as a result of Sam and Max's messing about in the afterlife.
  • edited April 2010
    yes, and you just said he came back from the dead, ergo is alive
  • edited April 2010
    He didn't come back from the dead until the point in 205 when all those people came back from the dead. When Sam and Max visit the office in 204 - which involves travelling forward to early on in 205, since interacting with your selves in the office is one of the first things you do in 205 - Leonard is still dead.
  • edited April 2010
    We'll find out eventually, I'm sure. If you think about 204 and the fact that they're actually IN their office in the future, it means that we'll be able to access it again, right?
    Then again, Sam and Max HAVE changed the future before. That was just the future they saw due to the events happening at that time, which means that it's subject to change at any moment.
    My brain hurts. C:
  • edited April 2010
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    We'll find out eventually, I'm sure. If you think about 204 and the fact that they're actually IN their office in the future, it means that we'll be able to access it again, right?

That future is actually in 205 so technically it's the past; not the future.
  • edited April 2010
    Not really, considering they traveled so many years into the future.
  • edited April 2010
    Not really, considering they traveled so many years into the future.

Wait, when did one month later turn into fifty-six years in the future?
  • edited April 2010
    During Chariots of the Dog. If you played that episode, you'd know that they had a
    magical time-traveling elevator
  • edited April 2010
    During Chariots of the Dog. If you played that episode, you'd know that they had a
    magical time-traveling elevator

They travel to two versions of their office twice in 204. One was a century in the future, and the other was mere months in the future and is the one we're talking about.
  • edited April 2010
    I know that. Someone said earlier that it didn't look like we were going to find out what was in the closet due to the
    penal zone
    and I was just pointing out that their office is still intact in the future, so we'll probably be able to go back to it later.
  • edited April 2010
    I know that. Someone said earlier that it didn't look like we were going to find out what was in the closet due to the
    penal zone
    and I was just pointing out that their office is still intact in the future, so we'll probably be able to go back to it later.

It doesn't have to be the exact same office that they are currently locked out of, though I'd guess it probably is and that its somehow phased back into reality.

Also, X = 4 ? Too late for Algebra class?
  • edited April 2010
    Or Sam&Max just changed their own future... again.
  • edited April 2010
    Personally, I think it's just the interior of their closet that contains the new Penal Zone, thus putting an end to the 'closet of episode trophies' thing that deliberately got messed up in Season 2. I can see the joke now...

SOMEONE (about to open the closet door): What do you keep in here?
    SAM: Hey, don't go poking around in my Penal Zone!
    MAX (arms behind his back and with a very unimpressed-looking expression on his face, half-lidded eyes and all): Really, Sam? I thought you'd have grown out of this by now.
  • edited April 2010
    Superball came out of the closet. lol immature joke.
  • edited April 2010
    If the closet does become the penal zone it would be great if they had a 'it's full of stars' moment from 2001 Space Odyssey when they open it.
  • edited April 2010
    penal zone

Wrong. Go back to hell in 205 and then you'll get the only chance to look in their "future" closet.
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe it was the dead body of Leonard Steakcharmer. He may have died from the Earthquake, and since he was tied up, he was guarding the fact that Sam & Max may have been responsible for his silent, taped-mouth shut death.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.