"Dame Person" Reference

I know I'm VERY late in asking this, but I'm playing Season One again and I'm still baffled by the "Dame Person" joke Max makes about some "big chinned puppet used to scare children. Anybody have any idea what he's talking about?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Quasimodo... Notre Dame?

A bit more info (episode, conversation etc.) would help!
  • edited April 2010
    Not much to say about it. A startled Sybil says "No! You've got the wrong dame! Person!" And Max says "Dame Person? Isn't that the big-chinned puppet used to scare children?" It's possible that they're referring to Quasimodo, sure, but I don't see where the puppet part comes into that.
  • edited April 2010
    It reminded me of Dame Edna. I wouldn't know where the puppet part comes from.
  • edited April 2010
    Possible. The only connection I made was that of Lady Elaine Fairchild, the big-chinned, big-nosed puppet from Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood who used to terrify me when I was a child. But I haven't seen enough evidence that other kids were scared of her.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought it was Madame -- she is kinda scary-looking.

madamelives2.jpg

Man, I just checked Wikpedia and didn't realize Wayland Flowers died way back in 1988...
  • edited April 2010
    Ladies and gentlemen, I think we have a winner!
  • edited April 2010
    Maybe Max's brain has mixed up Dame Edna with that horrifying thing. To mix in what Harald said.

dame_edna_everage_393071a.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.