Can't Walk after Loading from Save in iPad Version

edited June 2010 in Game Support
I bought The Penal Zone on iPad yesterday and have ran into an extremely irritating issue. It seems that I can't walk after restoring a game from a save. It consistently reproduces for me by:

1. Play the opening of the game up to where you actually walk around on the ship (after opening the gateway thing)
2. Save the game.
3. Exit the game.
4. Re-open the game, and continue/load. Notice you can't walk around anymore, only click on things!

It seems the only way I can go further is by restarting the game. But, once I need to stop playing for a bit (save and exit), I'm boned!

Any ideas, or is this a known issue?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    E-mailed support and still haven't heard anything. I posted in the "didn't get a response" thread too. Please help!
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hey emozilla,

Unfortunately, this is a known issue.

One way you can circumvent this is by tapping other objects around the world to manuver around the environment.
    Try talking to Harry Moleman, then you should be in a camera angle that lets you tap the Mind Reading power. You should then be able to use the Mind Reading on Harry, and gain access to the upper level of the Flagship via the Teleportation Telephone.
    Once you get Sam to the upper level of the Flagship, you should be able to walk around normally again.

Sorry about this, and good luck!

-Alex
  • edited June 2010
    What a frustrating bug. I just spent over an hour trying to work out why I'm too stupid to solve one of the first puzzles in the game. Now it turns out that the game is broken, not my brain.

When will the fixed version be submitted to the app store? The game is unplayable at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.