Would you want The Devil's Playhouse on other consoles?

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
/title

I would, absolutely! Like, I've got a PS3 I could get it on easily but if it were to come to the Wii, I'd love it. I dunno why, but I like having all the episodes on a single disk much better than downloading them individually to my console (So much that if Strong Bad got a Wii disk, I'd buy it disregarding the fact I've got all five on an SD card). Not to mention the people that don't have a PS3, A good computer or a, pfft, iPad would get to experience Sam and Max's latest adventure! Although if there is a Wii port Telltale, we gotta lay down a ground rule, No Click n' Drag.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I think Devils Playhouse should be on...

-Wii
    -DS
    -IPod Touch
  • edited April 2010
    PS3 control great I hope the first seasons will come to the psn soon ..
  • edited April 2010
    The Devil's Playhouse for N64 plz.
  • edited April 2010
    Please to be on the Vectrex, thx.
  • edited April 2010
    Phillips CDi anyone?
  • edited April 2010
    SNES, anyone?

I want a Wii copy, though.
  • edited April 2010
    Gameboy?
  • edited April 2010
    Gomeboy Original only. We don't need no stinkin' color!
  • edited April 2010
    I would really appreciate an XBLA release. I just don't have the system specs to run it well on a computer and well... I don't have the money to shell out for a PS3 right now.
  • edited April 2010
    They just know we want these games on the Virtual Boy...
  • edited April 2010
    How about:
    NES,
    Atari 2600,
    Commodore 64,
    Playstation 2,
    Sega Genesis.
  • edited April 2010
    How 'bout the Apple-Bandai Pippin?
  • edited April 2010
    I wouldn't mind seeing The Devil's Playhouse on the good ol' Pong
  • edited April 2010
    I would definitely love to see a XBLA release, and I even don't really understand why this platform was skipped for this season :confused: (well maybe the fact that the sales appeared to be rather low on Xbox is a pretty good argument)
  • edited April 2010
    I would definitely love to see a XBLA release, and I even don't really understand why this platform was skipped for this season :confused: (well maybe the fact that the sales appeared to be rather low on Xbox is a pretty good argument)
    Supporting another platform is non-trivial, even if they have done XBLA before. They probably just have their hands full with PC, Mac and PS3. There's a good chance they'll get to XBLA when the season is complete.
  • edited April 2010
    I would like to see a WiiWare release, but I think the download sizes for the Wii have a much smaller capacity then the download compacites for the computer or mac. So I take it won't be on the Wii.
  • edited April 2010
    I would like to see a WiiWare release, but I think the download sizes for the Wii have a much smaller capacity then the download compacites for the computer or mac. So I take it won't be on the Wii.

Discs?
    The Devil's Playhouse for N64 plz.

You take your sarcasm back to MFGG, young man.
  • edited April 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    They just know we want these games on the Virtual Boy...

We all say this jokingly, but the more it comes up, the more I REALLY, REALLY want this to happen.
  • edited April 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Supporting another platform is non-trivial, even if they have done XBLA before. They probably just have their hands full with PC, Mac and PS3. There's a good chance they'll get to XBLA when the season is complete.

Going off this, they may not have been able to get an agreement with Microsoft on an approach to doing the season episodically, so they may just be biding their time until they can release it as a full set/game like the prior two.
    T-man wrote: »
    Discs?

Not til after the season if ever. Certainly have to assume the Wii version will be graphically downgraded from the PC version as well.
  • edited April 2010
    Why not?

Now that we seem to have moved away from point & click controls (which I don't necessarily think is a good thing) the game controls far better on a joypad than it does with a mouse. Plus the Wii and 360 already have the first two seasons, it would seem unfair not to finish them off.

I'm not sure why they couldn't be released episodicaly on the 360, the same way they have been on the PS3 but I don't think that method worked too well on the Wii because of Nintendo's release schedule. But they could at least sell them all together on a disc in a couple of months.
  • edited April 2010
    My PC's my baby, so no.
  • I really think the wii is a bad idea. I love Nintendo and all, but 1) the size limit would mean everything would have to be super compressed and 2) the Wii port of ToMI was just a really bad port. The wii struggled to run it, and I think it would struggle even more with Sam & Max unless the wii port of the engine was heavily optimised.
  • edited April 2010
    I don't think there's any reason for adventure/point and click (yeah I still consider all Telltale games to be point and click) games to be on anything other than PC. Unless they were specifically designed for a console release, like Hotel Dusk or something.
  • edited April 2010
    For now i'm already happy with PC/Mac, you know those spicy p&c-devices, support.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.