Texas Hold 'Em Random Freezes

edited January 2007 in Game Support
Anyone else experiencing this? Just by random the game occassionally freezes, I can access the main menu and options there, but can't do anything inside the game itself. Kind of frustrating as it tends to occur mid-to-late game, and having to restart the game means about 30 minutes of play just disappeared.

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Hmm... normally in one of Telltale's games if something like this happens, you can get out of it by saving and then reloading the game, but unfortunately Hold'em doesn't have a save feature.

Can you tell us your system specs? Do you have any programs running in the background while you play? Also, is this the new version we just put up on the site a few days ago?

If other people are having this problem, please post here to let us know.
  • edited December 2006
    I usually run it in windowed mode with a bunch of things running like Firefox and AIM (hey, it's a casual game). System specs are: Windows XP SP2, Athlon 64 Processor 3000+, 768mb RAM, and a GeForce4 440 Go 64mb video card.

I'm playing the newest version, and yeah, I've noticed that such freezes in Bone were escapable by saving/reloading or turning on/off subtitles, but the former is impossible and the latter didn't work in Texas Hold 'Em.
  • edited December 2006
    Texas Holdem is freezing up on me to, but it isn't random. Freezes every time 2 players (other than me) get a split pot. I always play in full screen mode. WindowsXP. IBM Thinkpad X40. Have you seen this problem? Do you have a fix?
  • edited December 2006
    pokerface wrote: »
    Texas Holdem is freezing up on me to, but it isn't random. Freezes every time 2 players (other than me) get a split pot. I always play in full screen mode. WindowsXP. IBM Thinkpad X40. Have you seen this problem? Do you have a fix?

Now that you mention this, I'm not exactly sure if my freezes are actually "random," but I haven't paid attention to exactly what happened when the freeze occurs--can't say it's just split pot for me though, one of the freezes occurred when I was going one on one.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Texas Holdem is freezing up on me to, but it isn't random. Freezes every time 2 players (other than me) get a split pot.

Ugh. I thought that split pot bug was supposed to be fixed in this version. :(

Do you have voices turned off? If yes, turn them on. That should prevent the split pot bug from occurring.
  • edited January 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Ugh. I thought that split pot bug was supposed to be fixed in this version. :(

Do you have voices turned off? If yes, turn them on. That should prevent the split pot bug from occurring.

This tip solved the "spilt pot freeze-up" problem for me. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.