Surfin' the Highway Signed Copy 2501 (AKA: I got Steve Purcell to sign some stuff)

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Okay, so this was about two years ago at Comic Con...

They were selling numbered, signed hardback copies of Surfin' the Highway, as well as paperback copies. I happened to know that Steve Purcell was doing a signing at the Shout! Factory booth later that day. So I decided to save a few bucks, buy the paperback, and, well...

2501small.jpg
(click for full size)

This is why it's good to live in San Diego. No need to travel far for Comic-Con. :cool:

It was my idea for him to number it like the hardback copies. :D

Comments

• edited April 2010
    Steves scribbles are the best.
    I let him do this:

guybrush_by_steve.jpg
  • edited April 2010
    ...Holy crap it's Majus. Dude. I LOVED the 'I Wonder What Happens' flash videos. For serious.

Also, that is epic. Seriously.
  • edited April 2010
    majus is on the forums all the time. its really no big deal. but that guybrush (and that max, as well as the fact that he actually wrote #2501 for you) is awesome.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm new here. Majus may be on a lot, but I haven't run into him before. :P

And yeah, I thought you guys would be interested in what is technically an interesting bit of Sam & Max history, and what is, irregardless of it being history or not, just pretty cool.
  • edited April 2010
    Hey Majus, look's like you have an admirer...
    Majus and Yadda, sitting in a tree...
    (What? If people can tease me and Puzzlebox, why can't I?)
  • edited April 2010
    Majus will only hurt Yadda in the end he is a player*
    Majus used to just be one of us.... now he is one of T.H.E.M.

*player of adventure games
  • edited April 2010
    Majus has turned to the dark side.

(on topic) Cool thingies. I hate being so far away from being able to get something like this.
  • edited April 2010
    Yadda wrote: »
    I'm new here. Majus may be on a lot, but I haven't run into him before. :P

You'll like it here, all sorts of celebs come to visit :)
  • edited April 2010
    You'll like it here, all sorts of celebs come to visit :)

Such as me!
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Majus used to just be one of us.... now he is one of T.H.E.M.
    What? Am I? Cool! What does T.H.E.M. mean again?
    Avistew wrote: »
    Such as me!
    She’s the on who made a Screaming Narwhal plush. The best.
  • edited April 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    T.H.E.M.

*screams like a little girl*
  • edited April 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    Steves scribbles are the best.
    I let him do this:

"Let" him? :p

"Yeah, I saw Steve at this thing for stuff they were holding, and he was all like, 'Oh! Dude! You've got to let me draw a piccy for you!' and I was like, 'Yeah, sure, if you really want I guess,' and he was like, 'Awesome!' and then he sketched this. It's pretty cool."
  • edited April 2010
    Majus wrote: »
    She’s the on who made a Screaming Narwhal plush. The best.

Awww.
    *hugs Majus*
  • edited April 2010
    Haha, Lena, I was thinking the same thing when I saw 'let him.' But eh, give the guy some slack. I don't think that english is his native tongue. :P

Also, avi, that... That's... THAT PLUSH IS F'IN AWESOME. You just made my day.
  • edited April 2010
    Hehe, funnz german trz to talk english.

(Damn.)
  • edited April 2010
    It's cool, dude. Easy mistake to make, even for someone with english as a first language (although one that does reflect badly on the people that make it).

Either way, keep up the awesomeness, or somesuch like that. :)
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks, I’m working on it! (English and awesome stuff.)
  • edited April 2010
    And most importantly: Keep up your Germanness!
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah Majus... I was so happy for you two, its awesome to see fellow fans get in the door... more so having chatted with you on these boards for a good part of a year.
  • edited April 2010
    Me too, I love you guys.
  • edited April 2010
    Majus, have you thought of doing "I wonder what happens" flash films for Sam and Max too? That would be epic. :)
  • edited April 2010
    You guys are awesome. Grouphug!
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Majus, have you thought of doing "I wonder what happens" flash films for Sam and Max too? That would be epic. :)
    Since I totally know what happens next it wouldn't be fun anymore. I would feel bad to lie to you people (Hmm, I wonder what happens! *making cutscene*).

Though there is a different kind of flashmovie we did for "The Penal Zone"! Have fun! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9agP6ycMKrg&feature=channel
  • edited April 2010
    Hehehe, that ones pretty good.
    I love how you keep true to your own style Majus, and how you still pretty much narrate everything. ^^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.