Why does Skun-kapé...

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
give the future veiwer back to Max? He seemed like he really wanted it before...

Comments

• edited April 2010
    because he thought he already got all the information he needed.
  • edited April 2010
    voodoo gave it back to him..... er wait wrong franchise.
  • edited April 2010
    Because they had to make the puzzles easy in the rest of the season too.
  • edited April 2010
    Some lampshading would have been nice with that...it really does make any sense past the logistical reason.
  • edited April 2010
    I also don't see how he used the future vision, since earlier the brain says that he can't use psychic powers, which is why he needs the brain of someone who can. So he made the brain use it? Why didn't the brain warn Sam and Max that their plan wasn't going to work, in that case?
  • edited April 2010
    I would ask why was Max trapped into the penal zone if only Sam was holding the homing beacon?
  • edited April 2010
    Because they didn't talk to him before they broke out of prison? The only person you talk to after you regain consciousness is Stinky.

Maybe Skun-ka'pe gave it to Max so that no one else could use it against him? Skunky is an (overly) self-assured kind of guy, so maybe he didn't consider seeing into his future as that great a power. He already knows his future; he's going to rule the galaxy.
  • edited April 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I also don't see how he used the future vision, since earlier the brain says that he can't use psychic powers, which is why he needs the brain of someone who can. So he made the brain use it? Why didn't the brain warn Sam and Max that their plan wasn't going to work, in that case?

If you listened at all to the brain, he wasnt feeling the best.

Didnt he say something about if he could help, difeat skunkape it would be a noble clone for one less villian to message the checking book, or something like that.
  • edited April 2010
    Donut button
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Donut button
    I'm surprised they let him say that. Apparently, though, being fatigued excuses horrible profanity. After all, donut button was censored in an earlier game.
  • edited April 2010
    I'm surprised they let him say that. Apparently, though, being fatigued excuses horrible profanity. After all, donut button was censored in an earlier game.

What does that even mean? How is "Donut Button" a censored word?
  • edited April 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    What does that even mean? How is "Donut Button" a censored word?
    I can't believe you have no idea how offensive Donut Button is. It's almost as raunchy as "fluffernutter". I feel unclean just typing it. Telltale used to have some tact, after all, they censored the term in Sam and Max 205. It was one of Sam's lines.

-Source
  • edited April 2010
    splash1, just... check urbandictionary, and you'll figure it out. I'd say it here, but I'd get banned, because it is very, VERY explicit.
  • edited April 2010
    I am thinking about deleting my account here due to all this "Donut Button" filth.
  • edited April 2010
    My guess is, since he can't use directly and the brain finish all but healthy after make him use it (Considering, also, the Demon Brooth has started to go bad), Skun-ka'pe decided to destroy the future vision with the Penal Zone, Sam and Max at the same time. Considering that needed too many effort for Gordon, I guess destroy it so no one else can use it againt him probably was a good idea. Also, I guess he planned to destroy Teleportation too, because he must know Max was also holding the Telephone and maybe the Teleportation doesn't work for travel to different planes (And that's why Mama Bosco has to catch you when we tried to go out).

And yes
    donut button
    is very, very, very rude. You can't use that in public even down here. Really.
  • edited April 2010
    I think it has more to do with Skun-ka'pe's personality. Like a little kid it's all about getting new and more toys; once he actually has them he'll just get bored and want more. Remember that this is the guy who risked it all for a toy that lets you determine the right amount to tip at a restaurant. When it comes to Toys of Power, he's not a rational thinker and how useful they are has nothing to do with it. In his child-like egotistical mind, the gloating value was probably worth giving up the future vision.
    On a separate note, I think Skun-ka'pe has only been pretending not to be able to use the Toys himself. I mostly think that because of his earlier escape from the Penal Zone. The most straightforward explanation is that he used Teleportation to get out, and it seems rather implausible for him to have had Gordon with him at the time.
  • edited April 2010
    Y'know, I'm pretty hard to offend. I lurk 4chan, for crying out loud. But "donut button" is just too much. The TTG forum has officially become the most offensive place on the internet.

Well done, Pale Man. Well done. :(
  • edited April 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    I think it has more to do with Skun-ka'pe's personality. Like a little kid it's all about getting new and more toys; once he actually has them he'll just get bored and want more. Remember that this is the guy who risked it all for a toy that lets you determine the right amount to tip at a restaurant. When it comes to Toys of Power, he's not a rational thinker and how useful they are has nothing to do with it. In his child-like egotistical mind, the gloating value was probably worth giving up the future vision.

He gives back because he think Sam and Max are going to suffer more by seeing what's going to happen to them, so I guess you right.
    Harald B wrote: »
    On a separate note, I think Skun-ka'pe has only been pretending not to be able to use the Toys himself. I mostly think that because of his earlier escape from the Penal Zone. The most straightforward explanation is that he used Teleportation to get out, and it seems rather implausible for him to have had Gordon with him at the time.

He has followers and probably the followers make something to take him out. And, considering Mamma Bosco almost get you out the Penal Zone too, it's not that implausible. Appart, if he was cappable to use the Toys himself, probably he never put Gordon here. Or trying to capture Max for doing the same with him after Gordon dies or something. He will probably put someone intelligent but not psychic and kill the other psychics, so he can be the only one who can use the toys.
  • edited April 2010
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Y'know, I'm pretty hard to offend. I lurk 4chan, for crying out loud. But "donut button" is just too much. The TTG forum has officially become the most offensive place on the internet.

Well done, Pale Man. Well done. :(

You're such a fluffernutter.
  • edited April 2010
    Listen people, either clean up your act, or I'm going to have to lock this thread down like the Birdman of Alcatraz.
  • edited April 2010
    How'd this thread go so badly off topic?

I think Skunkape saw something in the future where he shouldn't have the future vision (or Max should) so his plan would succeed. Or something like that.
  • edited April 2010
    mathman77 wrote: »
    How'd this thread go so badly off topic?

Welcome to the Telltale forums!
  • edited April 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    You're such a fluffernutter.

See the filth this man is spewing? What next, you're going to start talking about "lemon paws"?
    I'm assuming "lemon paws" isn't actually a thing. I really don't want to trawl through Urban Dictionary to check. :p
  • edited April 2010
    Lemon paws sound like some sort of bear claws/lemon bars fusion. Which I would quite like to eat, actually.
  • edited April 2010
    That actually does sound good.

...I'm hungry now.
  • edited April 2010
    New kind of Ice Cream ^^! (Or cold dessert for that matter)
  • edited April 2010
    Fudge nuggets, yeah, fudge nuggets, oooooooh....please.
  • edited April 2010
    I've searched "donut button" on the internet and didn't find any meaning for it.
  • edited April 2010
    I've searched "donut button" on the internet and didn't find any meaning for it.

tee-hee.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.