SnM 3x01 iPad, stuck without car map, seems like hotspot bugs

edited May 2010 in Game Support
I am stuck on the starting street area. I've played the pc version so I know that after I have seen the sign for the bosco tech address and talked to COPs about the desota I should be able to drive to mama bosoc's. However There is no hotspot to click on the sign on the door and there is no hotspot for clicking the map, which is viewable, on the map in the glove compartment in the desota. I have done everything even in so far as that i already found the power core.....so I am pretty sure I have not missed any triggering conversations or actions. On the pc. Version I have been able to travel much earlier.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    It has been several days without a response from support. I would like to resolve this (if at all possible) without having to simply restart the game. At the very least I would like to find out how to get some saved data from my ipad game to telltale so they could have more data to resolve this bug for future players. At the worst... someone could tell me I am missing something obvious, which I'm 98% sure I am not.
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Hey Big Z,

You should be able to travel to Momma Bosco's at the start of Act 2, without doing anything else.

Have you tried loading your autosave and reproducing the issue? (if you haven't done much else, it should be at gameplay start of Act 2).

To the best of my knowledge, we haven't seen this issue before.

Good luck!

-Alex
  • edited April 2010
    Thanks for the response. I finally figured out the issue. On the iPad I have to click right above the steering wheel to get the map. On the pc clicking on the map in the glove box triggers the map screen. It would have helped if the hot spot detection would put a dot on the map access point....or that clicking the map worked like the pc version I already played! I only found the different hotspot purely by accident.
  • edited April 2010
    The Big z wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. I finally figured out the issue. On the iPad I have to click right above the steering wheel to get the map. On the pc clicking on the map in the glove box triggers the map screen. It would have helped if the hot spot detection would put a dot on the map access point....or that clicking the map worked like the pc version I already played! I only found the different hotspot purely by accident.

Hey, something like that happened to me!
    I first played with the gamepad and you needed to select the map.
    But then I switched to mouse controls and clicking the map did nothing, I had to click the steering wheel.
    Both on PC.
    Figured it out pretty fast though, although it was confusing that the hotspot wasn't in the same place.
  • edited April 2010
    Isn't it the steering wheel most of the time, and only 1x can you click the map? Not sure why the hell that would be the case, but such I experienced it on the PC version...
  • edited May 2010
    Another update on my end... after the first time I was able to travel with the Desota I could click on the map from that point on.
  • edited May 2010
    Isn't it the steering wheel most of the time, and only 1x can you click the map? Not sure why the hell that would be the case, but such I experienced it on the PC version...

I think it is probably that at a certain point in the story of 301 the hotspot changes, as I was able to use the map for the majority of the game. It was kind of annoying trying to figure out why clicking the map no longer worked.
  • edited May 2010
    I am pretty sure that I clicked the map in my very first playthrough, but didn't actually go anywhere (since I wanted to explore the street) and exited out and never, ever, got that option again.
    But the steering wheel went fine, so no problem. I didn't click the map at all my second game because of that, maybe I should try, see if I get the same...
This discussion has been closed.