Mac ToMI: Black/Loading screen problem

Hi!

I just downloaded the full season of ToMI about an hour ago, and in spite of trying every single resolution possibility, I am stuck with a black/loading screen every time I start a new game. I can hear the game running in the background, and if I hit escape I can hear the menu appear, but I can't see anything.

I get the opening menu, the loading screen, and that's it...

Any help?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    Try hitting alt+enter. That should put it into windowed mode, which should let you see the game. From there you can fiddle with the in game graphics settings and pick a resolution that works.
  • Thanks! I tried it, but now I'm just getting stuck on the loading screen. Again, I can hear everything in the background, such as the game itself running, but all I can see is the frozen loading screen.
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, in that case, I would suggest you update your graphics drivers and directx
  • As much as I hate to sound like an idiot... can I do that on a Mac?
    edited April 2010
    ooooh, Mac, I'm dumb. Ok, in that case I would make sure your Mac is as up to date as possible. Just run the mac updater basically. Do you know what kind of video card you have?
  • edited May 2010
    Hi!

I just downloaded the full season of ToMI about an hour ago, and in spite of trying every single resolution possibility, I am stuck with a black/loading screen every time I start a new game. I can hear the game running in the background, and if I hit escape I can hear the menu appear, but I can't see anything.

I get the opening menu, the loading screen, and that's it...

Any help?

What Mac do you have? If it doesn't have a dedicated graphics processor (ie, it's an old MacBook or Mac Mini), it won't work.
This discussion has been closed.