Hit the Road Question

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
In Sam & Max Hit the Road, is the Bigfoot Chief supposed to sound/act like Jimmy Stewart, or is it only a coincidence?

Comments

• edited April 2010
    NOT coincidence.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2010
    I guess this thread is over. :p
  • edited April 2010
    Since I've never seen a VO Jimmy Stewart film, just dubbed films, I never noticed the resemblance. I MUST re-play "Hit the road" and watch one of his films on VO... I think I have "Rear window" on DVD...
  • edited April 2010
    Heh, yet another popular culture reference which I missed. But I'm not too upset about it, because Sam & Max is full of odd popular culture references and I'm happy if I get even part of those. I wonder if anyone gets all of those.
  • edited April 2010
    Man... I haven't played through Hit the Road since becoming a fan of Jimmy Stewart so I only now just realized this.

Rear Window is like....one of my favourite films ever.
  • edited April 2010
    Way to pre-effectively kill a probably endlessly boring discussion, Steve. ;)
  • edited April 2010
    NOT coincidence.

Am I the only one who spat out a drink when I saw Steve Purcell was the first one to answer a relatively random question regarding Sam and Max?
  • edited April 2010
    Am I the only one who spat out a drink when I saw Steve Purcell was the first one to answer a relatively random question regarding Sam and Max?

If I was drinking milk, I'm sure it would've come out.
    But I didn't, and it didn't.
    I did think it was pretty funny though. :p
  • edited April 2010
    Spoiler:
    The bigfoot chief was really baby Glenn Miller in disguise.
  • edited April 2010
    I really need to play Hit the Road again, I tried, but I couldn't get over the voices. I admit my shallowness.
  • edited April 2010
    Personally, I still think that the Hit the Road voices are the best.
    Sam just has this really great dry kinda film noir voice, and Max has that little bit extra Joe Pesci kinda thing in it.
    The Telltale voices are really great too though, they've really grown on me.
    I wouldn't want the old voice actors to continue the Telltale series either, although if Lucasarts ever got to make a game again...
  • edited April 2010
    I prefer the Telltale voices but the originals are great too.
  • edited April 2010
    It still blows my mind a bit that Sam from Hit the Road is Goofy.
  • edited April 2010
    You mean that the man who supplies the voice of Sam also supplies the voice of Goofy.
    Supplying a voice and actually BEING someone are two different things.

It'd be awesome if Sam from hit the road suddenly took his mask of and turned out to be Goofy all this time though.
  • edited April 2010
    It still blows my mind a bit that Sam from Hit the Road is Goofy.

Mind was blown.
    I love Sams voice in Hit the Road.
    Max..I just can't like it anymore. Telltale have brainwashed me.
  • edited April 2010
    Spoiler:
    The bigfoot chief was really baby Glenn Miller in disguise.
    Aw, you've spoiled the big reveal for season 3!

That's a hilarious idea, though. The real reason is a lot less interesting.
  • edited April 2010
    Bill Clinton?
  • edited April 2010
    I was really surprised as well. Especially since I got the impression that the Steve Purcell account was just made and used by some Telltale employee to convey answers to the questions for Steve Purcell in the pre-order forum thread, and that the actual communication with Steve Purcell was conducted through some other medium, like e-mail. I don't remember now what gave me that impression though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.