So THAT is where they got the name for Skun'ka'pe!

edited April 2010 in Sam & Max
Another name for Bigfoot is Skunk Ape!
Discuss.

Comments

• edited April 2010
    I didn't know that.
    I thought he was named Skunk for his colour and Ape for his almost exact likeness to an ape.
    I was already thinking about, if I'd ever have to translate Sam and Max to dutch, I'd change his name to Stinkape, just to keep the Skunk part alive.
  • edited April 2010
    Joop wrote: »
    if I'd ever have to translate Sam and Max to dutch, I'd change his name to Stinkape
    Niet "Stinkaap"?
  • edited April 2010
    I learned about Skunkapes last year on Hamish & Andy's Caravan of Courage 3: Yes We Van when they went across America and at one point went hunting for skunkapes. They are not exactly like bigfoots, though, apparently. Also, Sam & Max have had numerous bigfoot occurences, one in every form of media now, I think, so this seems like a way to make up for the lack of bigfoots or bigfoot like creatures on Telltale's part.
  • edited April 2010
    As a Florida resident (which I believe is Sam & Max's biggest target for jokes as far as states are concerned) I made the connection almost right away.
  • edited April 2010
    Niet "Stinkaap"?

Until I saw this, I'd forgotten that thanks to someone, I know the Dutch words for "ape" and "pope". But that's the extent of it. No more random Dutch words rolling around in my brain, waiting to be remembered.
  • edited April 2010
    I found out about the skunkape years ago after playing Ben Jordan case 1 from AGS.
  • edited April 2010
    Niet "Stinkaap"?

No, that would be putting it on too obvious.
    If I'd rename him Stinkape, other people could still say Stin-ka-pé, but Sam and Max could call him Stink-apie, which would be like smelly ape.
    In the Penal Zone you hear that everyone calls him Skun-ka-pé, but Sam and Max call him Skunk-ape, this would be my little play on that.
  • edited April 2010
    Max with a Dutch accent, that's an even scarier thought than teleporting with your eyes open. I can already see the show on Nickelodeon ...
  • edited April 2010
    Actually, I once dubbed a small part of an episode from the animated series.
    It wasn't a fandub, it was made to show a dubbing director my skills at translation, timing and acting.

Here it is.

Since it was made as an example, the music isn't all that up to par nor is the audio quality. But it was a fun little experiment and I've learned from it.
    Also note that this was made a long time ago. ;)
  • edited April 2010
    The Horror. THE HORROR.

Hoewel de "Je kan die lijpe zak nu wel van je hoofd afdoen" wel geniaal was :D.
  • edited April 2010
    I thought "En de binnenkant van de auto één grote BRAAKZAK!" was pretty good too.
  • TorTor
    edited April 2010
    Great work, I love the sound of the Dutch language, even though I hardly understand anything.

I watched a Dutch horror movie (Amsterdamned) on Norwegian TV once... I couldn't get into the right mood for a horror film though, because the language was so fascinating to listen to!
  • edited April 2010
    That's actually not bad, and the first time I see such a cartoon.
  • edited April 2010
    richforce wrote: »
    As a Florida resident (which I believe is Sam & Max's biggest target for jokes as far as states are concerned) I made the connection almost right away.

Y'know, I noticed that too. There've been like four or five anti-Florida jokes in the series. What do Sam & Max have against Florida?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.