The Longest, Lasting Characters of All!

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
After playing "The Penal Zone", I'd decided to play the rest of Sam & Max seasons when I noticed something.

Aside from Sam & Max, the C.O.P.S are like one of the fewer characters that have seen in ALL Sam & Max Seasons!

For example:

Sybil: In Seasons 1 & 2, "disappears" on her honeymoon with Lincoln.
Bosco: Also in Seasons 1 & 2, also "disappears" to Vegas with Bluster Blaster.
Stinky: Only in Seasons 2 & 3
Grandpa Stinky: Only in Seasons 2 & 3
Superball: An actual character who's been in all three Seasons
Momma Bosco: Only in Season 2 & 3
Jimmy Two-Teeth: In Seasons 1 & 2, "disappears" around Max's reelection.

But, of course, the rest of Season 3 has yet to come and maybe some the other characters might come back.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Flint Paper: Only Season 2&3
    Harry Moleman Season 1 & 2 & 3
    The **** Poppers Season 1 & 2
  • edited May 2010
    I think it might be more interesting to count how many episodes they've appeared in.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I think it might be more interesting to count how many episodes they've appeared in.

It would but then the OP whole point will no longer make any sense.
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    It would but then the OP whole point will no longer make any sense.

Oh my. And the thread wouldn't be completely reflective of the original post, that would be a first! :p
  • edited May 2010
    Season 3 isn't over jet. Isn't it?
    Im pretty sure, we'll see Bosco, Sybill or Jimmy somewhere in season 3.
  • edited May 2010
    you know you can delete your post?
  • edited May 2010
    Shemp wrote: »
    Season 3 isn't over jet. Isn't it?
    Im pretty sure, we'll see Bosco, Sybill or Jimmy somewhere in season 3.

Jake said that Bosco and Sybil wont be needed and they already have episodes 2-4 done and they arent there and most likely wont be in episode 5
    Jimmy, dont know but since he has a mission to spread the bubonic plague, I dont think he will be in this season too.
  • edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Jake said that Bosco and Sybil wont be needed and they already have episodes 2-4 done and they arent there and most likely wont be in episode 5
    Jimmy, dont know but since he has a mission to spread the bubonic plague, I dont think he will be in this season too.

I think it'd be foolish to write off characters if they just happen to miss a season. It would be overcrowded to keep EVERYONE all the time and it'd get boring.

Sybil and Bosco and the others will no doubt re-surface somewhere at some point, when the story allows other characters to exit for a bit
  • edited May 2010
    Someone needs to make a complete list of who appears in each episode.
  • edited May 2010
    If I'm not mistaken, Bosco and Sybil have been in 10 episodes each.
    I'm too lazy to count more than that right now.
  • edited May 2010
    Steve2911 wrote: »
    Someone needs to make a complete list of who appears in each episode.
    You can find those on the episodes' wiki pages.
  • edited May 2010
    If I'm not mistaken, Bosco and Sybil have been in 10 episodes each.
    I'm too lazy to count more than that right now.

11 for bosco

remember Chariots of the dogs and season one had 6 episodes
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    11 for bosco

remember Chariots of the dogs and season one had 6 episodes

Mh, I thought Bosco didn't appear in Night of the Raving dead though. I counted Sybil as appearing in all episodes of the first two seasons except 204 and Bosco in all but 203.
  • edited May 2010
    my fault there, I havent played Night of the raving dead yet...

you are correct I was going by IMDB crediting him for the episode there.

IMDB YOU HAVE FAILED ME AGAIN!. so yeah, you're right
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Gman5852 wrote: »

We used to have a mat around here we kept for occasions like this...
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Spreading the bubonic plague? Telltale IS innovative!:D
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »

Someone probably borrowed it for a party and "forgot" to return it. You can use mine just this once if you like.

jump_to_conclusions.jpg
  • edited May 2010
    Augh! I had this halfway typed up, then I accidentally clicked a bookmark while changing tabs and lost it all. Second try!

For the sake of having it all in one place:

Sybil: Culture, Situation, Meatball, Lincoln, Reality, Bright, Santa, Moai, Raving, Beelzebub
    Total: 10/12

Bosco: Culture, Situation, Meatball, Lincoln, Reality, Bright, Santa, Moai, Chariots, Beelzebub
    Total: 10/12

Girl Stinky: Santa, Moai, Raving, Chariots, Beelzebub, Penal
    Total: 6/12

Grandpa Stinky: Chariots, Beelzebub, Penal
    Total: 3/12

Superball: Lincoln, Bright, Raving, Chariots, Penal
    Total: 5/12

Momma Bosco: Chariots, Beelzebub, Penal
    Total: 3/12

Jimmy Two-Teeth: Culture, Situation, Meatball, Lincoln, Reality, Bright, Santa, Moai, Beelzebub
    Total: 9/12

Flint Paper: Santa, Raving, Chariots, Beelzebub, Penal

Harry Moleman: Meatball, Bright, Raving, Beelzebub, Penal

Soda Poppers: Culture, Situation, Lincoln, Santa, Chariots, Beelzebub
    Total: 6/12

C.O.P.S.: Reality, Bright, Santa, Moai, Raving, Chariots (Bluster Blaster only), Beelzebub, Penal (minus Bluster Blaster)
    Total: each member has appeared in 7/12 episodes, and 8/12 episodes had at least one member

So to put them in order from most appearances to least:

Sybil/Bosco: 10/12
    Jimmy Two-Teeth: 9/12
    C.O.P.S.: 8/12
    Soda Poppers/Girl Stinky: 6/12
    Harry Moleman/Superball/Flint Paper: 5/12
    Grandpa Stinky/Momma Bosco: 3/12
  • edited May 2010
    Leonard Snakecharmer: Meatball, Abe, Reality, Bright, Santa, Moi, Beelzebub
  • edited May 2010
    I think the cops should be split into 5.

Bob Bell: 7/12
    Chippy: 7/12
    Curt: 7/12
    Bluster Blaster: 7/12
    Carol: 1/12

I would have been all for keeping them as one entry if they always all appeared together, but that's not the case anymore.
  • edited May 2010
    Am I the only one who thinks dirty things when I read the subject of this thread? "Longest Lasting", plus an ostensibly erroneous comma that makes you pause after "Longest"

It makes me imagine a thread about the sex lives of the characters in the Sam and Max universe. And then it makes me imagine those sex lives. And at least some of them are gross.
  • edited May 2010
    What, and
    "How you gonna make time with the ladies, A.L.? You're just a head!" "Obviously you two never read Cosmo."
    didn't?
  • edited May 2010
    The comma does annoy me. It's not characters that are lasting and long. It's characters who lasted long. It's not two different words qualifying the noun (character) but one word (lasting) that qualifies the noun, and another word (longest) that qualifies the first one.
    You don't have a comma between "lasting" and "character" because the former qualifies the latter. And you don't put a comma between "longest" and "lasting" for the same reason.
    Otherwise you're saying "I'm putting a comma because "longest" and "lasting" are qualifying the same thing and not one another".

So yeah, that thread title annoys me every time. But I didn't think it was worth bothering a mod for.
  • edited May 2010
    The comma does annoy me. It's not characters that are lasting and long. It's character who lasted long. It's not too different words qualifying the noun (character) but one word (lasting) that qualifies the noun, and another word (longest) that qualifies the first one.
    You don't have a comma between "lasting" and "character" because the former qualifies the latter. And you don't put a comma between "longest" and "lasting" for the same reason.
    Otherwise you're saying "I'm putting a comma because "longest" and "lasting" are qualifying the same thing and not one another".

So yeah, that thread title annoys me every time. But I didn't think it was worth bothering a mod for.
    Hey Avistew, you used the wrong "two", which I find egregiously offensive.
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Leonard Snakecharmer: Meatball, Abe, Reality, Bright, Santa, Moi, Beelzebub

Steakcharmer.
  • edited May 2010
    Hey Avistew, you used the wrong "two", which I find egregiously offensive.

• edited May 2010
    I think the cops should be split into 5.

Bob Bell: 7/12
    Chippy: 7/12
    Curt: 7/12
    Bluster Blaster: 7/12
    Carol: 1/12

I would have been all for keeping them as one entry if they always all appeared together, but that's not the case anymore.

Given that original cops always appeared together at first and bluster missed this latest episode, shuldn't it be:
    Bob, Chippy and Curt : 7/12
    Bluster: 6/12
    Carol 1/12
  • edited May 2010
    No. Bluster Blaster was the only one of the COPS in Chariots of the Dogs.
  • edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Given that original cops always appeared together at first and bluster missed this latest episode, shouldn't it be:
    Bob, Chippy and Curt : 7/12
    Bluster: 6/12
    Carol 1/12

Bluster was in Chariot of the Dogs and Bob, Chippy and Curt weren't, so right now the original four have the same count.
    I guess we can say "Bob, Chippy, Curt and Blaster: 7/12" and if it changes (for instance another episode without Bluster but with the other, or the other way around, or whatever), separate them accordingly.
  • edited May 2010
    Rats?
  • edited May 2010
    Well if they're in the last three episodes (we already know they're not in 302) it would make them 10/16
Sign in to comment in this discussion.