MI:SE cursor/dialogue tree problems

First off, I'm running Windows 7 and I'm running the game at 1366x768.

When I enter a dialogue tree, my cursor seems to be out of line with the options. It appears lower than the actual line that is selected. Also, it appears as the normal windows cursor, don't know if that's deliberate or not.

This could be all related to another problem I've been experiencing which crops up if I move the cursor to the edge of the screen. It turns back into the windows cursor and won't move unless I pull it away from the edge of the screen. It's a minor annoyance at most but it seemed like it might be related.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited May 2010
    I don't own the game, so i can't try stuff, but my best guess is to try playing around with the fullscreen and resolution settings. The game doesn't seem to have full focus, so maybe ALT-TABbing to it could work otherwise.
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, it's something different - read this posting from the Steam forums for a fix.
  • Ah awesome, thanks. I didn't even think of trying compatibility options because the game was so recent. :P
  • edited May 2010
    Are you trying to play Secrets of Monkey Island SE or Tales of Monkey Island on Windows 7? Secrets is not compatible with Windows 7, as far as I know and what LucasArts has posted on their sys requirements. Let us know if it's Tales and we'll get you up and running in no time.
  • edited May 2010
    bonnie wrote: »
    Are you trying to play Secrets of Monkey Island SE or Tales of Monkey Island on Windows 7? Secrets is not compatible with Windows 7, as far as I know and what LucasArts has posted on their sys requirements. Let us know if it's Tales and we'll get you up and running in no time.
    Oh, it's as incompatible with Windows 7 as it is with Windows Vista, and that's solved by using "Disable visual themes", i.e. you can play it in Windows 7 just fine.

Why it would act that strange under Windows Vista/7 though is anyone's guess, as Vista was almost on it's way out already when the game was released...
  • bonnie wrote: »

MI:SE (as the title of the thread suggests) but thanks. Telltale's own games have all worked fine for me. The fix posted seems to have solved the issue anyway.
This discussion has been closed.