Considering to purchase The Devil's Playhouse , Where to?

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Hi , I'm going to get The Third Season of S&M For my birthday and I was planning to get it Steam-wide.
But then again , I'm wondering , Do I still get the shipped collectors dvd afther the season ends if I purchase the game through Steam? Or to enjoy that benefit purchasing it on this site is mandatory?
Thanks on before hand
F.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The DVD is the bonus for going direct. You can't get the DVD if you buy from Steam.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, if you buy The Devil's Playhouse with Puzzle Agent from Telltale's store(before June 8th), you actually pay $27.43 for the whole order. Buying Puzzle Agent right now(through June 8th) makes everything else in your order half off.

So, compared to Steam:

-You get the DVD
    -You generally get the episode a few hours earlier
    -You pay $7 less
    -You get another game
    -You get 50% off anything else you happen to buy at the same time
  • edited May 2010
    Ok , but im in Argentina ,if i pay for the shipment iit gets here right , or theres some kind of zone restriction?
    Still i guess ill go direct from telltale.com
    Thanks folks
  • edited May 2010
    They ship worldwide.
  • edited May 2010
    Do you mean would you be able to use the DVD copy? Because none of Telltale's discs have been region locked yet.

Also, remember that you have to pay for shipping to your country when the season is over to get the season, so that is something to consider.
  • edited May 2010
    fedefrasis wrote: »
    Ok , but im in Argentina ,if i pay for the shipment iit gets here right , or theres some kind of zone restriction?
    Still i guess ill go direct from telltale.com
    Thanks folks

Yo soy de Chile y tengo ambos DVDs de las temporadas pasadas. Además, he comprado varias cosas desde acá (Pole.. Remeras, DVDs, el Sobre de Recuerdos de la Temporada 2...).

Lo que te recomendaría es que, si puedes, esperaras a una oferta de envío gratis (También se aplica internacionalmente ^^!) porque el envío sale cómo unos 15 dólares base.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    They ship worldwide.

Thanks So TT Store it is.
    It feels good topost in a forum with such an active comunity
    I posted , took a shower and someone had already replied.
    I guess i'll stick arround , Thanks!
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Yo soy de Chile y tengo ambos DVDs de las temporadas pasadas. Además, he comprado varias cosas desde acá (Pole.. Remeras, DVDs, el Sobre de Recuerdos de la Temporada 2...).

Lo que te recomendaría es que, si puedes, esperaras a una oferta de envío gratis (También se aplica internacionalmente ^^!) porque el envío sale cómo unos 15 dólares base.

Genial , un vecino!
    Me parece que pagare los 15 asi no espero cuando salga
    un saludo!
  • edited May 2010
    Just be sure to pick up Puzzle Agent in the same order. Even if you don't want it, having it in your cart at the same time as Devil's Playhouse makes your order cheaper.
  • edited May 2010
    Un detalle: El DVD lo preparan después de terminada la temporada, osea, varios meses después de lanzado el último episodio, así que todos vamos a esperar igual. Lo que sí, si es que ya compraste los juegos, cuando ordenes el DVD (Que lo tienes que ordenar por separado cuando salga), el DVD te saldrá $0 y sólo te cobrarán el envío.

(Sé que suena raro que tengas que ordenar 2 veces, pero lo hacen por si, en todos los meses que se demorarán, cambias de dirección o pase cualquier cosa, así no tienes que estar avisando hasta el momento que ellos de verdad lo tengan listo).

¡Y al menos alguien más o menos cerca! Vecino =P!
  • edited May 2010
    Just be sure to pick up Puzzle Agent in the same order. Even if you don't want it, having it in your cart at the same time as Devil's Playhouse makes your order cheaper.

I will , ty
  • edited May 2010
    Hablo epanol, pero soy de California.
  • edited May 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Hablo epanol, pero soy de California.

Try to replace the "ñ" with a "ni" out of the lack of it. Or else, you'll write Year (Año) in spanish like Ano (Which mean Ass)
  • edited May 2010
    Or just type alt+0241 on the number pad. It's faster than you might think, once you get used to it. At least if you're using Windows.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Or just type alt+0241 on the number pad. It's faster than you might think, once you get used to it. At least if you're using Windows.

If you have the number pad, that it T_T
  • edited May 2010
    fedefrasis wrote: »
    Do I still get the shipped collectors dvd afther the season ends if I purchase the game

Yes. But this will be a different order for the DVD and it might take a while after the season ends for the DVD to be made.
  • edited May 2010
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Yes. But this will be a different order for the DVD and it might take a while after the season ends for the DVD to be made.

Uh, what?

He most certainly will not receive any kind of DVD if he purchases through Steam.
  • edited May 2010
    Mi perro està en llamas.

I don't know how to make the accent that goes the right way so I used the French accented a instead.
    Also, I used to be able to type Alt Gr+2 then n, but now Alt Gr+2 results in ~ without any letter under it. It's weird and I don't know why it has changed.
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Uh, what?
    Sorry I didn't see the steam. He decided to buy here already so I didn't think it would matter any more.
  • edited May 2010
    -You pay $7 less
    $17 if you're european (like me).

As for the ñ discussion, the easiest IMO would be to press ~ (shift, and the key before 1) and then n... result ñ.
  • edited May 2010
    As for the ñ discussion, the easiest IMO would be to press ~ (shift, and the key before 1) and then n... result ñ.

That's what I said doesn't work anymore with me. Except with my keyboard it's Alt Gr + 2, not Shift+whatever key you're talking about.
  • edited May 2010
    Are you using one of those weird french AZERTY keyboards?
  • edited May 2010
    He's Argentinian, (Vecino!) that's why I started to speak in Spanish suddenly.
  • edited May 2010
    Yep. The desktop is a QWERTY (Canadian) but my laptop is French so AZERTY all the way!
  • edited May 2010
    Sadly I had to buy it Steam-Wide.
    Got it today (My birthday's June 7th lol)
    Thanks for the suppot anyway (My Parents dont trust telltale's store enough to use their Credit cards on it )
    See you arround ppl and thanks
  • edited May 2010
    If Telltale wasn't trustworthy, it wouldn't have been around for the 6 years it has been now (almost). Also, their forums would contain a lot more "They stoled my monies!" threads.
    Tell that to your parents ;)

But still, welcome to the Rabid Rabbit Lagomorph-Canine Appreciation Society! :)
  • edited May 2010
    No, tell them to use PayPal instead, and to stop living in the dark ages, and that a lot of identity theft can occur in the time that a waitress has your credit card in a sit-down restaurant.
  • edited May 2010
    Also, do your parents know about PayPal? It's used by millions of people worldwide and accepted in many many online stores (including Telltale's). What it does is act as a trusted intermediary: you only tell your credit card info to PayPal, once, instead of sending it to every store you do business with.
    edit: drat, ninja'd
  • edited May 2010
    And now there is this nice bundle on steam. You would have gotten ToMI as an extra for the same price you payed some hours earlier.
  • edited May 2010
    Shoot, I'd let TT babysit my kids.

If I had any. :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.