Problems with running Sam and Max Season 1 Episode 5!

edited May 2010 in Game Support
Hi, I am having trouble running season 1 episode 5. What is happening is at the point where they put the goggles on, the background fades to black and then there is no more visual. The music continues but nothing else happens.

Im running this game on my laptop, my specs are

OS - Vista Home Premium
System Model - Dell Inspiron 1520
BIOS - Phoenix ROM BIOS Version 1.10 A09
Processor -Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2330 @1.6GHz
RAM - 2038Mb
Direct X version 10 installed

Any help on this will be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    There are a couple of possibilities that I can think of. The first, and I think more plausible, one is that it takes time to load Reality 2.0. It would take even longer with your processor. On my father's Netbook, which has the same power of processor, I have to wait for 2-3 minutes for Reality 2.0 to load the first time that session.

Another is that your graphics card is not up to par. This is one of the less plausible ones, as it has a Dual Core processor; it is unlikely that a computer at that level would have that low of a graphics card.

I do recommend that you turn off all unnecessary programs, such as Windows Messenger, as that can slow down and even stop a computer when you are playing games.
  • edited May 2010
    Your second option seems to have been the problem. I installed the game on the family PC and then was able to take the save from there and put it back onto the laptop, it reloaded fine. Thanks for the help!
This discussion has been closed.