Other Sam and Maxes in Pop Culture

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
So I found that Sam and Max isn't the only one in pop culture to bear their names.

For example, Todd McFarlane's Sam and Twitch

22-1.jpg

Twitch's name is Maximillian. They're cops. I don't read Spawn, so I don't know any further than that.

And then of course, there's this:

Mad_city_poster.jpg

I watched this movie years ago, so I couldn't remember much about it, but I know from wikipedia that Dustin Hoffman's character's name is Max, and John Travolta's character's name is Sam.

Any other examples?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    You just blew my freaking mind on the Sam and Twitch thing, I used to read spawn all the time, all the while being a Sam and Max fan.. I never put that together in my head.
  • edited May 2010
    box.lg.jpeg
    The international spy game starring Max Remington, whose assistant is named Sam.
  • edited May 2010
    In the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, the title character (seriously, that's her name) goes by Max, and I believe she gets a crush on a guy named Sam at some point. I could be wrong because it's been ages since I read the books, but it does come up sometimes when I search for Sam & Max stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uA8hcv1MzA

There's a hip hop group called "Max and Sam" starring Max Kellerman and his brother.
  • edited May 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uA8hcv1MzA

There's a hip hop group called "Max and Sam" starring Max Kellerman and his brother.
  • edited May 2010
    There's a Sierra adventure game called Torin's Passage and in that game two of the characters were two skunks called Sam & Max.
  • edited May 2010
    SlasherMan wrote: »
    There's a Sierra adventure game called Torin's Passage and in that game two of the characters were two skunks called Sam & Max.

Haha yeah! I only played this last year, and I giggled at the connection.
  • edited May 2010
    There is a duo in Fable 2 called Sam & Max, apparently named after a two brothers who work at Lionhead Studios.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.