Episode 2 - PC - (HD) Video Review!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    ZeitGeistgreview is a weird combination of the beautiful german term Zeitgeist and just some ordinary review. I mean, really, how could you dare combining those?
  • edited May 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    ZeitGeistgreview is a weird combination of the beautiful german term Zeitgeist and just some ordinary review. I mean, really, how could you dare combining those?

Actually, Zeitgeist was the name of my characters in MMOs as I played them over the years, and those MMOs were running my life. I gave up on them cold turkey and decided to do game reviews instead. It was a natural transition to use my MMO character name in my review title, and as such, named myself Zeitgeist Game Review.
  • edited May 2010
    Good review. It told me everything I needed to know without giving anything away. I was worried about watching it at first but it turned out pretty good.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, Zeitgeist was the name of my characters in MMOs as I played them over the years, and those MMOs were running my life. I gave up on them cold turkey and decided to do game reviews instead. It was a natural transition to use my MMO character name in my review title, and as such, named myself Zeitgeist Game Review.
    Okay, i see but it still makes me shiver.
  • edited May 2010
    Okay, i see but it still makes me shiver.

Fair enough. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it more in depth. I get comments on it a lot, especially in reference to the Zeitgeist Movement, which many assume that I'm associated simply by name.
  • edited May 2010
    Quite simple, for my personal taste, these two words just don't fit together and it sounds terrible. I'm german and Zeitgeist is a interesting term, which is often widely used as well as abused in more intellectual classes because of its meaning and due to that it sounds kind of hip.

Maybe it's a little bit like mixing Absinth with some yoghurt banana drink.
  • edited May 2010
    Quite simple, for my personal taste, these two words just don't fit together and it sounds terrible. I'm german and Zeitgeist is a interesting term, which is often widely used as well as abused in more intellectual layers because of its meaning and due to that it sounds kind of hip.

Maybe it's a little bit like mixing Absinth with some yoghurt banana drink.

Aye, and that's the exact reason I used it as my character's name in MMOs. It sounded cool. I suppose I'd relate it the most to American's who get Chinese words tattooed on their bodies for no other reason than the characters look cool.
  • edited May 2010
    Just be aware that you might make some fool out of yourself when using this combi in germany. ;O)
  • edited May 2010
    Just be aware that you might make some fool out of yourself when using this combi in germany. ;O)

Noted
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, when I was Searching for the channel it came up with all these strange suggestions like religion and a movie. No idea what that's about.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, when I was Searching for the channel it came up with all these strange suggestions like religion and a movie. No idea what that's about.

Well lucky for you I provided a link right to the video ;-)
  • edited May 2010
    how'd you get it before it was out
  • edited May 2010
    ac1041 wrote: »
    how'd you get it before it was out
    You mean you haven't gotten it yet?

Nah, reviewers get an early, maybe-unfinished copy, so they can get their reviews out when normal customers get their copy.
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    You mean you haven't gotten it yet?

Nah, reviewers get an early, maybe-unfinished copy, so they can get their reviews out when normal customers get their copy.

That's correct.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.