What happened to the office!?!?

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I loved the first episode of the new season, but the only thing that bothered me was the fact that you do not EVER get to go inside the office. I've been waiting months to see what was in my closet from ep. 204, and now it's in another dimension. please bring back the office, Telltale.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    The office will come back at some point.
    After all we see the office waaayyyy in the future in episode 204
  • edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    The office will come back at some point.
    After all we see the office waaayyyy in the future in episode 204

But Jake stated on these forums that the future is not definite, IIRC. Some future visions, like Flint getting killed, were changed.
    Thus, what we saw in Chariots of the Dogs doesn't have to be what really happens.

I have a feeling they might go to that dimension in a later episode, though.
  • edited May 2010
    True true
    But still its the office, its bound to come back.
  • edited May 2010
    no 204 was in 205 but the volcano:confused:
  • edited May 2010
    lagamorph wrote: »
    I loved the first episode of the new season, but the only thing that bothered me was the fact that you do not EVER get to go inside the office. I've been waiting months to see what was in my closet from ep. 204, and now it's in another dimension. please bring back the office, Telltale.

In 205 you get to look inside. What's inside is
    Zombie Lincoln's Brain
    . Also for TDP, if you look at the trailer for Future Vision you'll see them walking through their grimy hellish office.

Mind you, it might not be till Episode 5 or 4, but we'll see it.
  • edited May 2010
    Episode 3 ha
  • edited May 2010
    I don't know. Considering what happened in The Penal Zone,
    They used the device Momma Bosco gave Sam & Max to make their office an new Penal Zone, and sent Skunkape into it
    I don't know if they will go back to the office.

I personally hope they do someday, I miss it already. (Frankly, I just wonder is Sam finally got a new coat hanger for the TV by now.)
  • edited May 2010
    but if they gust go in as normal they mite say i like what the Penal Zone did waif the office
  • edited May 2010
    I suspect Telltale wants to replace it with a new, less roomy one. The direct control scheme they're going with would finally allow that.
    Look at the office in the comics:
    250px-Comic_Office.png
    If Sam could lie down on the floor and stretch out, he could probably touch the door with his fingertips while still touching the wall beneath the window with his toes. Now compare the Telltale office:
    250px-Office_telltale.jpg
    It's like a ballroom in there! (The one in Hit the Road is not much better btw.) So I think Telltale is working on an excuse to replace that with a more appropriate size.
  • edited May 2010
    It's bigger in the animated series too.

I don't see what use it has to shrink it in though...
  • edited May 2010
    I think Purcell just exaggerated the small size of the office in that particular instance so that it would fit the narrow comic panel. It never appears quite that small in any of the other comics. In most it looks about the size of the Hit the Road office or the animated series.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    It seems the office grows and shrinks depending on what's needed, what looks good, and what's funny, like most things in the Sam & Max comics. Even the DeSoto is sometimes properly life-sized, but sometimes it's scaled down for comedic purposes, so Sam and Max can be squeezing out of the windows (like the cover of Hit the Road).
  • edited May 2010
    And sometimes, the roof is gone.
  • edited May 2010
    Soooo ... what's canon in the Telltale Sam & Max games again? ;)
  • edited May 2010
    It's true that it's bigger in the animated series (though not by a lot) and probably the rest of the comics, and I admit it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I still think the Telltale office is a tad too large. Rooms that large (and which such a nice floor) are expensive. Even if they don't pay rent, that office does not fit well in that neighborhood, or in the vaguely noir-ish style.
  • edited May 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    It's true that it's bigger in the animated series (though not by a lot) and probably the rest of the comics, and I admit it doesn't matter a whole lot, but I still think the Telltale office is a tad too large. Rooms that large (and which such a nice floor) are expensive. Even if they don't pay rent, that office does not fit well in that neighborhood, or in the vaguely noir-ish style.

Hardly an issue. and whos to say the floor is nice just because its wood?

If anything ought to be addressed more so than office size it'd be some of the physics breaking elements. Eg the fact Bosco's exterior is completely windows, yet interior has small windows with wall space between etc.
  • edited May 2010
    Emo Hoe wrote: »
    Hardly an issue. and whos to say the floor is nice just because its wood?
    Me? :p I'm not saying it's nice because it's wood; it's nice because I think it looks nice!
  • edited May 2010
    Harald B wrote: »
    Me? :p I'm not saying it's nice because it's wood; it's nice because I think it looks nice!

Well, they have to eat off of something ...
  • edited May 2010
    Off topic: light_rises, where do you have the full version of your avatar?
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Off topic: light_rises, where do you have the full version of your avatar?

Tucked safely away in my HD, since it's still a work-in-progress at the moment. I was hoping to have the whole thing done by yesterday, but time and circumstances conspired to delay my progress by a couple days' worth of work. (Also, cleaning up the linework took hella longer than I had anticipated, but shhhhh. >_>) I should have it finished by Friday though, if all goes well.
  • edited May 2010
    I'll be there!
  • edited May 2010
    i VOTE for small office :) it looks like it could be fun, alot of wacky stuff put into such a small amount of space.
  • edited May 2010
    If they change the office, I hope they go for this look.
  • edited May 2010
    I'd like a medium size office, but the closet and all of it's useless crap stays.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I'd like a medium size office, but the closet and all of it's useless crap stays.

YES! I still want to see the artifacts from 203, 204, 205
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010

You can see them all in 204, can't you? There's a skull from the Zombie Factory up on the Wak a Rat machine, a volcano model from Bosco's bunker and... there's nothing from 205, fair enough.
  • edited May 2010

The one from 203 you can see it at Sam's Personal Hell.
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    You can see them all in 204, can't you? There's a skull from the Zombie Factory up on the Wak a Rat machine, a volcano model from Bosco's bunker and... there's nothing from 205, fair enough.

Maybe we can get
    Bliss' list of words to censor, or a piece of wedding cake.
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe they could get an intirely new office or they could work from their house in future seasons.
  • edited May 2010
    Why did you want to bring back the office again? Didn't you get to see enough of it in the first 2 seasons? The office is gone forever, and good riddance I say.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.