Sam and Max 302

edited June 2010 in Game Support
I played the game for about two hours, got through a bit, saved and auto-saved worked fine. When I came back to it later in the day, there was no option to open a saved game! What happened to my games?

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    ?? "Load Game" is always on the main menu. Can you provide a screenshot?
  • edited May 2010
    Just had a quick try at it and as for the Mac, it still isn't up to the PC version.

Low performance as well as stuttering like in 301. As i can run other 3d content (mine as well as other games) without any or at least less problems, i suspect the error source is on TTG's side, although i have to say that i'm looking forward to Apple's driver updates in 10.6.4 as well.

I had the impression that if you're choosing a resolution which comes closer to your native aspect ratio that things improve noticeably. I can't even play on the lowest graphics level if i'm for instance going with a resolution of 1024x768. If i change this to 1024x600 (right one?) then things speed up so that it runs fine up to graphics level 7.

So i thought i found a workaround but then after some time the stuttering kicks in again. The quality of the Mac port really isn't up to the quality you're used to from the PC which is kind of sad. :O/

Specs (OSX 10.6.3, Core i5, GT330M (disabled GPU switching), 4GB)

thought i better post it here...
    edited May 2010
    When did you download Mac 302? A second build went out a little while after release which should have much improved Mac performance. I was able to run the game at full res and gfx quality 9 on my Macbook at home, and it was way better than 301. Good framerate, only some minor hitching during big loads towards the start of the game.
  • edited May 2010
    22:09 local time (UTC+1), would be yours -9 hours, so 13:09.

So would it help redownloading the game and does this version also include the game related fixes?
  • edited May 2010
    I believe I have found a bug for episode 302 for the Playstation 3 format of the game. It involves Reel 2 in the tomb. EDIT: The bug occurs after I have completed Reel 1.

I take the bust of Sammun Mak, get thrown on the wall, and am able to answer the riddle to escape from the wall before I have activated the trigger with the newspaper comics with the Mole Woman in the first reel.

Later, after I have got the ventriloquist doll and finished the event with Baby Amelia and the old Moleman, and after completing Reel 1, I press the switchplate and get thrown up on the wall again. This time, when trying to answer the riddle for the guardians to escape, the correct reply about the cucumber crosswise is not available.

I have come to a dead end; there is no backtracking, and no way to leave. The only way to get out of the situation is to quit the game, load from a saved game, or start a new game. Perhaps there is something I am missing?
  • edited May 2010
    And i suspect you aren't offloading things correctly during scene swaps because as someone else already said, if you're entering more scenes or an interlude comes in between (they generally stutter) a up to this point working scene turns into a stuttering nightmare and there is no way to get rid of it beside of restarting the game.
  • edited May 2010
    You need to re-download, tamuel.
    The new version was upped by TT around 2AM in the UK or 3AM in the EU.

That should see you right, I can now run 1920x1200 on my external from my 2007 MBP w/ 8600M GT and it's perfectly smooth, albeit the occasional out of sync audio clip because of a frame rate stutter.
  • edited May 2010
    You did it! 302 (10.0.1.25) works just fine!
    Weird thing, though, while the first 302-version (Mac, 10.0.0.25) was a 484.5 MB download, the second version's .dmg (10.0.1.25) supposedly released just hours after is only 402.3 MB (both after download). What did you do?
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks, i'll give this one a try then (384MB).
  • edited May 2010
    yup, that's the one.
    It's 384MB as you're downloading, but silly old 10.6 will count it as 402.3MB when you look at it in the finder.
  • edited May 2010
    Works like a charm so far.

The difference in filesize is due to Apple jumped on the bandwagon to use 1000 instead of 1024 as a multiplicator (kilo, mega, terra) because the harddrive vendors once did so in order to sell higher numbers for their drives.
    edited May 2010
    So taumel you're experiencing better performance with the updated 302?
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    ?? "Load Game" is always on the main menu. Can you provide a screenshot?
    Actually, when I started the game for the first time (PC) it just had 'new game', 'help & settings' and 'exit game'... implying it would not appear if there are no savegames found.

Doesn't explain the issue of the OP, but I suppose it would indeed not show "load game" if there are no savegames present, or... found.

EDIT: And indeed. Moving out my savegames give me a main menu without "load game" option. So to the OP; check wherever it is that Mac users store their savegames. Are there an autosave.prop and autosave.save file?
    edited May 2010
    Ah right! Thanks for reminding me how my own main menu work. My mistake :(
  • edited May 2010
    Well, it did work that way for 301.
    And I probably saw a saveless main menu more recent (as in, yesterday) than you :).
  • edited May 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    So taumel you're experiencing better performance with the updated 302?
    Yep with the new version no quirks so far, good work!
  • edited May 2010
    taumel wrote: »
    Works like a charm so far.

The difference in filesize is due to Apple jumped on the bandwagon to use 1000 instead of 1024 as a multiplicator (kilo, mega, terra) because the harddrive vendors once did so in order to sell higher numbers for their drives.

Unless it is just me I think you got me wrong - I was comparing the first (laggy) and second (fixed) versions' .dmg files - both in Finder!
  • edited May 2010
    No, i was talking to teflon and the filesize difference between 384MB and 402MB, you're free to go. :O)
  • edited May 2010
    Lol, we're both molly coddling each other a little:P
    Me saying the finder was being silly was because I knew about the Base10 change and just confirming that taumel was getting the right one.
  • edited May 2010
    302 just ate my autosave too. I'd played through to the point where I had just got off the wall (it said: "Saving Game..."), quit without saving and when I went back it was reset to the last time I played, which was JUST at the beginning.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't know if I am correct here, but I didn't found a better place to post it.
    In my opinion this forum needs a bug report corner..

I found a few tiny mistakes in 302 and I want to report them so they can be corrected in future versions..

1) The two Doors in the Tomb only activate if you click on one of the two doors. You may pass them though without activating by just using the move commands

2) If you click on the guardian after you took the little statue Sam will still say the same causing the camera to show on an empty socket while Sam is talking about the statue..

3) After completing the first 3 reels Sam is going away and Max will start the 4th without him. If you leave the reel through Max' power you will hear Sam talking that all other reels are already completed.
This discussion has been closed.