302 - At the end (obviously spoilers)

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
What happened at the end? why were they killed? Shouldn't they have turned into cows? Something to be found out in the next chapter right seeing that they also stole Max's brain? Or a writing error? (doubt it)

Either way i hated the ending! Which is to say i loved it but i hate the wait now! i won't play episode 3 until 4 and 5 are out! 99.2453% that that wont happen and i'll be stuck in this rant again next month.

By the way, GREATEST EPISODE TELLTALE HAVE RELEASED FROM ANY GAME SO FAR! Purely opinion obviously

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I am stuck at the end. what do you do at the end?
  • edited May 2010
    She was casting the defense spell, Max just misinterpretated. They got in the way, and died, same what happens if you touch the Devil's Toybox.

No writing errors there...
  • edited May 2010
    The end shocked me, I thought it was going to be easily predictable; but I was wrong. I'm also sad that Sameth & Maximus died... I knew they were going to but by the end I loved them more than Sam & Max.

Also, looky t'all dem floating toys at the end. A sign of pure awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah but they didnt just get in the way. They ment to kill them because after casting the spell they never cast another one on the box which means it was intended for Sameth and Maximus
  • edited May 2010
    Wait, so how did Sam & Max survive until the present if their ancestors are dead?

Guess it'll be answered in one of the upcoming eps.
  • edited May 2010
    They already had kids, didn't they?
  • edited May 2010
    "We have kids?"

Yep, they did, even if Maximus had forgotten somehow.
  • edited May 2010
    So how come nobody has discovered their skeletons before now if they have been in plain sight in a fairly well populated area in a building in New York for 108 years?
  • edited May 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    So how come nobody has discovered their skeletons before now if they have been in plain sight in a fairly well populated area in a building in New York for 108 years?

The wall was sealed up and needed to be broken down by Sam & Max according to that proficy in 301.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah but they didnt just get in the way. They ment to kill them because after casting the spell they never cast another one on the box which means it was intended for Sameth and Maximus
    Nope, the same spell killing them sealed the toybox. Think of a bullet, it may be lodged inside someone, but it can also just pass through the flesh and hit what's beyond (the chest).

(Or you're right and they are just too lazy to recast, which is why the box is unprotected in the "future", the cast was absorbed by Sammeth&Maximus instead of the box)
  • edited May 2010
    Maximus is all short therm memory max is a chip of the old bloke
  • edited May 2010
    SmokinDan wrote: »
    Wait, so how did Sam & Max survive until the present if their ancestors are dead?

Guess it'll be answered in one of the upcoming eps.

I don't see any need for them to be their direct descendants. Samus and Maximus could just be their great uncles or something.

Otherwise Samus and Maximus might get revived/returned somehow. I've noticed Telltale rarely let the fact that a character has died stop them from showing up again ^_^;;
  • edited May 2010
    Wow. Just wow.
    This episode was amazing.
    I have accidentally gotten Sammus and Maximus killed several times, and each time was more painful than the last time.
    Also loved Maximus's outfit, and Sammus's mustache. I actually do hope they return. I loved those two.

So Sammus and Maximus had kids. Am I the only one wondering who they had kids with?
  • edited May 2010
    302 was fun to play, but the puzzles were not at the level that they have been in past games. This was the first time I played all the way through without having to stop and look at hints on telltale website. Usually games take me around 5-6 hours (longer sometimes if I get stuck often), but 302 only took me four hours without looking up any hints. I doubt I am getting any smarter, so I am guessing the games are being dumbed down a little. I don't feel any better about it; I felt like I was reading a "choose your own adventure" book from the late 1980s where you could just start over and the right choices were pretty much given to you.

I had to turn off the hint option as well; they might as well tell you exactly how to walkthrough the videogame completely. If I wanted this, I would have bought a cartoon
  • edited May 2010
    AFGNCAAP wrote: »
    302 was fun to play, but the puzzles were not at the level that they have been in past games. This was the first time I played all the way through without having to stop and look at hints on telltale website. Usually games take me around 5-6 hours (longer sometimes if I get stuck often), but 302 only took me four hours without looking up any hints. I doubt I am getting any smarter, so I am guessing the games are being dumbed down a little. I don't feel any better about it; I felt like I was reading a "choose your own adventure" book from the late 1980s where you could just start over and the right choices were pretty much given to you.

I had to turn off the hint option as well; they might as well tell you exactly how to walkthrough the videogame completely. If I wanted this, I would have bought a cartoon
    I pretty much thought the opposite. I found the puzzles to be pretty good, at least compared to those in the Penal Zone, which (thanks to Future Vision) never even felt like puzzles. Nothing had me scratching my head in this episode, but I think the puzzles were just easy enough to figure out without a walkthrough, and just hard enough to give a sense of accomplishment for completing them.
    And as for the hints, I wouldn't really know, since I always turn them off before I even start the game.

Eh, to each his own, I suppose.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, definitely a step up from 301.
    But still, like ToMI, easier than seasons 1 and 2.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, definitely a step up from 301.
    But still, like ToMI, easier than seasons 1 and 2.
    Really? I found Season 1 to be ridiculously easy. I only needed a walkthrough once for that whole season, and that was for the lunar lander puzzle in 106. Season 2 was about the same level as Tales, SBCG4AP, and this episode for me, though.
  • edited May 2010
    Chris1 wrote: »
    I don't see any need for them to be their direct descendants. Samus and Maximus could just be their great uncles or something.

Except that they're referred to as Sam and Max's "great grandparents" both in-game and by Telltale. Which isn't to say there isn't any wiggle room, but Sameth and Maximus are definitely their grandpappies, one way or another.
    Maxilyah wrote: »
    So Sammus and Maximus had kids. Am I the only one wondering who they had kids with?

For no reason other than that it amuses me, I like to think they were roped into a celebratory trip to Cairo for a night of falsely-advertised debauchery prior to "The Journey Home" reel. One thing led to another, and, well ... (Hey, I never said it was original. :p I think I just like the idea of Sameth and Maximus unintentionally sneaking in some progeny "under the wire," so to speak.)
  • edited May 2010
    No-one. Their kids were made with their spit ;).
  • edited May 2010
    Please, I do not want to think of them procreating.
    Especially Max.
  • edited May 2010
    Heh.
    Now I imagine an episode where Max suddenly has kids.

And being a rabbit, there are a dozen of them, all like Max.
  • edited May 2010
    I now of an image of a dozen tiny Maxs screaming "Death from above" while jumping on big Max. It is very interesting, thank you very much
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I now of an image of a dozen tiny Maxs screaming "Death from above" while jumping on big Max. It is very interesting, thank you very much

Someone draw this. Now.
  • edited May 2010
    Someone draw this. Now.

I would, but I can't upload any of my pictures... No camera or nothin... I really need to get that taken care of it's getting on my nerves big time.

Oh and I thought the end for Samus & Maximus was sad. It worked story/joke-wise but it was just so sad. Well I guess they had to die somehow.
  • edited May 2010
    Someone draw this. Now.

There's no need. Just turn to the final page in the first Sam & Max christmas comic where you see their family in the final panel. :D

The title you want to read is "The Damned Don't Dance."
  • edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    There's no need. Just turn to the final page in the first Sam & Max christmas comic where you see their family in the final panel. :D

GAH! Spoilers! :mad:

Heh just kidding, now I'm looking forward to it, was already planning on reading some more of the comic tonight. :)
  • edited May 2010
    Keep in mind that it is one of those trademark Purcell panels with all the insane amount of details, so you probably won't see how big their respective families are.

And both sides of their family is rather huge.

Plus you get to see
    Maxie
    from
    the deleted puzzle in 204 and the Hot Bunny covers
    . :D
  • edited May 2010
    Awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    I was actually very surprised at how few toys were in the Devil's Toybox. I was expecting more of them.
  • edited May 2010
    Sam: "Our Thugs & Hoodlums file cabnet is almost full."

Max: "Can I help it I come from a large family?"
  • edited May 2010
    Maratanos wrote: »
    I was actually very surprised at how few toys were in the Devil's Toybox. I was expecting more of them.
    I don't think all the toys were present, though. I don't remember seeing the rhinoplasty or the nutrition specs for example.
  • edited May 2010
    Tilan wrote: »
    I don't think all the toys were present, though. I don't remember seeing the rhinoplasty or the nutrition specs for example.

Or the deck of cards.
  • edited May 2010
    Does 16 toys total sound a likely number?
  • edited May 2010
    Nope, the same spell killing them sealed the toybox. Think of a bullet, it may be lodged inside someone, but it can also just pass through the flesh and hit what's beyond (the chest).

(Or you're right and they are just too lazy to recast, which is why the box is unprotected in the "future", the cast was absorbed by Sammeth&Maximus instead of the box)

If it sealed the toyboxm how come max didnt die when he hugged the thing(he said it likes me I believe) or when sam
    placed the power chord on it
  • edited May 2010
    EDIT: whoops nevermind. Read the entire posts first, Cheri.
  • Zeek wrote: »

Suppose you could scan and post a picture of the family? I've always wanted to see that part. I don't have a single Purcell comic.
  • edited May 2010
    Suppose you could scan and post a picture of the family? I've always wanted to see that part. I don't have a single Purcell comic.
    Would, but my scanner is acting up again. I think it got possessed when I tried to scan in a used paper towel so I could capture the texture it had on it when I used glass cleaner on a popcorn butter spill.
  • edited May 2010
    Zeek wrote: »
    Would, but my scanner is acting up again. I think it got possessed when I tried to scan in a used paper towel so I could capture the texture it had on it when I used glass cleaner on a popcorn butter spill.

Uh huh.:(:o:confused:
  • edited May 2010
    I still doubt Sameth and Maximus have kids in the conventional sense. The way Sameth says "Shut up Maximus!" suggests to me that it is just a convenient lie to get their oily hide out of the situation.
  • edited May 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    I still doubt Sameth and Maximus have kids in the conventional sense. The way Sameth says "Shut up Maximus!" suggests to me that it is just a convenient lie to get their oily hide out of the situation.

That was my first thought too, but we don't get anything to go by beyond that -- except that they somehow managed to have offspring after all. I think it could easily go either way, all things considered. (I'm still partial to my "Wild, Unremembered Night in Cairo" theory, but that's just me. :p)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.