Sam & Max Season 1 & 2 problems

edited May 2010 in Game Support
First, I tried to install Season One on this computer (Vista). It didn't work. I got the securRom patch, but that didn't help. (Except now I get the mouse icon turned into a cd-rom icon before the game crashes - yeehaw).

Then I downloaded Season Two (or the first part of it, 201). Well, it won't work either.

I've tried updating DirectX. I've tried restarting my computer. I've tried to run the game as administrator. What else can I do?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Do you have any AntiVirus software running? If so it might be worth temporarily disabling it to see if that helps.
    I know that I had problems when I upgraded from Norton AntiVirus 2006 to Norton Internet Security 2009 - that was after installation but it might be a similar problem...

In my case I found that there were actually two solutions: 1) downgrade back to NAV 2006 and 2) Install Norton AntiVirus 2009. I have since upgraded to NAV 2010 (to fix Outlook problems) and that works OK too.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Are you running with 32bit display on your monitor settings? 16bit will crash it unfortunatley.
  • edited May 2010
    Wow! Disabling my antivirus software actually helped with the problem and now my game works! Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.