Telltale, ask Valve to add improvements for S&M items and maybe new items?(tf2)

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
How about adding more S&M items to tf2? Or just improvements for old one?
Here a list of improvements that would make items look better:
1st: Maybe allow engi to use lugermorph?
2nd: Kill icons for S&M guns?
3rd: Add Sam's Tie as misc item?
4th: Banang as bonk?
5th: New Sounds for S&M guns?
der_ketzer wrote:
6th: Finish Sam's Hat.
i'm asking telltale because they are creators of new S&M games.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I want Sameth's Tache and Papier Waite's Fez, and possibly Kringle's Revolver.
  • edited May 2010
    James54 wrote: »
    1st: Maybe allow engi to use lugermorph?

actuality the scout just using it may be a tf2 in-joke as the spy says the scout runs like a little bunny men
  • edited May 2010
    and you do know that telltale cant just up and do this, right?
  • edited May 2010
    and you do know that telltale cant just up and do this, right?

Why not? Before, they sent a few models to Valve and said they wanted them in TF2. Valve and Telltale have a connection.
  • edited May 2010
    That was for a marketing tool, Valve will merge with any company who can bring them a whole new set of costumers.
  • edited May 2010
    There's nothing stopping people from submitting content to http://www.teamfortress.com/contribute/

Also http://www.polycount.com/team-fortress-2-polycount-pack/

Or if you personally want the items in your game, you can always replace any model locally.
  • edited May 2010
    I'd just like the sounds; that was the only downside to the TF2 items. Why they didn't change the firing sounds of the new weapons to their respective Sam & Max shots I don't know, its a five second job once the weapons are coded into the game - you throw the sound file into the GCF, you update a script file to point to the new location for that sound effect and voila.

Alas, its not possible for clients to change those script files on the version of the Orange Box version of the Source engine, so the only way to change the shooting sounds by custom means is to change the shooting sound for the standard revolver/pistol too. Plus, I don't know anywhere where I can get hold of the two required sound effects easily. I can work my way around the Source engine; I know nothing about the Telltale Tool.

Other than that (and possibly proper kill icons), what we've got is fine. TTG's done enough to bring us these items, adding more would kill the effect.
  • edited May 2010
    There was enough outcry from the TF2 community over two (reskinned) guns and a hat, anymore and they'll be yapping for Saxton Hale to pay Telltale HQ a visit
  • edited May 2010
    I'm beginning to suspect that the tenth class IS Saxton Hale, and the only reason he's not in it yet is because he would have to be seriously nerfed due to him being overpowered, which is against Mr. Hale's policy, seeing as most of Valve would still want to be alive.
  • edited May 2010
    Ok guys lets not complain about what we got when there is a BIGGER problem right now.
    We dont get any sam and max stuff on the xbox version. I know there are no hats at all but come on:(
  • edited May 2010
    Last I heard, engie's gonna get the lugermorph as soon as the update comes out. Anything more seems to be a bit of overkill considering this was just supposed to be a bit of promotional stuff.
  • edited April 2016
    [removed]
  • edited May 2010
    The pre-order bonus is over.

They're not gonna add anything else.

Ever.
  • TorTor
    edited May 2010
    Also, no one said "please" :p
  • edited May 2010
    Honestly, the only thing I might be interested here is Sam's hat. Any promotional items released like this are only going to be cosmetic changes, so as not to provide a way to circumvent the drop system or acquire better weapons you don't have yet by making a purchase. This is why I won't use either of the Sam and Max guns: I prefer the Ambassador and Bonk to the Spy and Scout's default guns.

So this means that even if they did do any of this stuff, Banang replacing Bonk or Jarate is out, since both of those are unlockable items.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.