Get Rid of 'Thanks For Playing Window'--How?

edited July 2010 in Game Support
I have installed both 301 and 302 Sam & Max and they both seem to be running fine though I have to figure out/decide on keyboard/mouse/or controller soon or I'll be using all three.

After I quit each game a 'Thanks For Playing' window appears with a link to the Telltale website. I don't need this so I was wondering if there was any way to turn off the mild intrusion?

Also in Windows 7 64-bit the mouse pointer will not hover over inside this 'exit' window. It is there because I can guess its location and go to the website link. The pointer does highlight the upper right 'red x' so I can close this 'feature'--which will likely be the only thing I will do with it.

Let me know if you are working on a work-around, fix, or option to remove this screen please--I don't like it--but I'm afraid to use Max's powers just yet to force it to go away since that sometimes gets messy.

Thank you.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    +1

Same happens in XP btw (and probably Vista).
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, it happens in Vista as well.
  • edited May 2010
    The window itself doesn't bother me too much, it's the mouse cursor disappearing that's a pain, because then it's guess work trying to locate the 'X' to close the window.
  • edited May 2010
    Same thing on Linux, actually, and that is a bit annoying having the mouse cursor disappear. I would like to see this addressed as well.
  • edited May 2010
    boy am I glad that the steam-version doesn't have that "feature".
    Why aren't some of you guys who clearly preordered the season using the steamversion instead? (by using the hat-code)
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, the dissapearing mouse irks me a tad, it's hardly a deal breaker though
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    Why aren't some of you guys who clearly preordered the season using the steamversion instead? (by using the hat-code)

Cos the Telltale version for 302 was up a good bit before the Steam version ;)
  • edited May 2010
    I found a 'Prefs.prop' file for each game but it looks like the industry has taken all the fun out of the end user making game 'adjustments'. No more .ini files. Notepad will open a .prop file but the contents here seems to be one long string of garbage.

I think Telltale should do a patch to remove their post-game splash screens. I wonder whose last minute idea this was and for what purpose?:mad:

There is a pretty good turnout so far so I suspect Telltale should have something to say rsn.
  • edited May 2010
    Ratsneve wrote: »
    I found a 'Prefs.prop' file for each game but it looks like the industry has taken all the fun out of the end user making game 'adjustments'. No more .ini files. Notepad will open a .prop file but the contents here seems to be one long string of garbage.

This would be great. Maybe we would be able to disable the filmgrain if it was a .ini-file.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2010
    There is no need to hunt down the "close" button, just press Alt+F4 and you're done.
    If you want to make sure you're closing the right window, press Alt+Space instead - The Game System Menu should appear at the top-left corner of the window, if it does just press Alt+F4.
  • edited May 2010
    jmm wrote: »
    There is no need to hunt down the "close" button, just press Alt+F4 and you're done.
    If you want to make sure you're closing the right window, press Alt+Space instead - The Game System Menu should appear at the top-left corner of the window, if it does just press Alt+F4.
    Interesting. I've never used any of the Alt + commands except Alt + Print Screen. Moving the pointer outside of the window reveals its where abouts so you can find the 'red-x' pretty easily. Do you think Telltale will fix the problem?
  • edited July 2010
    I was wrong. It doesn't look like Telltale is interested in cleaning up game 'problems' or even responding to them. That's to bad.
  • +1 on this. The post game 'launcher' has been annoying me since ToMI but at least it didn't do the cursor disappearing thing.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree. The after-game window is nothing but an annoyance, I know what game I've just played and they're already advertising their stuff in the game launcher. It's just one more needless click, if you can even find the close button with your cursor.
  • edited July 2010
    I think that whole launcher shouldn't actually appear.
    If you click it you notice it links to a pagelink saying "Thanks for playing the demo"... but... we got the full game?

Not sure why it's unfixed after 4 whole games though.
This discussion has been closed.