A couple of questions on Season 2 Mac/PC

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
I'm playing on a Mac.
click
So in the options, I don't understand why the graphics quality (like in ToMI and The Devil's Playhouse) show up.
You know, from 1 to 9.
Maybe that wasn't in Season 2? or maybe it's not in the Mac version?

Also, second question is... can't I use WASD to move? how do I run with the point&click settings?
And really, how can some people appreciate more point and click than WASD? :D:p

Third question is a minor one; in the "training" you learn that usually you can choose whether to talk with Sam OR Max in dialogues, but I haven't found lots of conversations where I can actually use Max... I guess this is why they removed this in Season 3?

Thanks

Comments

• edited May 2010
    as you joined a year ago, I sincerely hope you are joking
  • edited May 2010
    Answer 1: Yeah, the graphics quality 1 to 9 started with Wallace and Gromit. The older ones had high quality and low quality. The Mac versions seem to have removed that, though.

Answer 2: You can not use WASD to move. In Season 2 you can run by double clicking (you can't run in Season 1, though). And it is most likely nostalgia for the olden days of adventure games that make people, such as myself, prefer Point & Click controls.

Answer 3: Yeah, most of the conversations in both Season 1 and Season 2 did not have the option to switch between Sam and Max. Only a few did. It was nice when they did have that, though.

Extra note: The "training" puzzle was actually a slightly simplified and heavily guided version of the first puzzle from "Culture Shock."

EDIT:Remolay, I am sure he is playing Season 2 the first time, as he likely only has a Mac; no PC.
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks, Power46 :)
    Point & click controls aren't bad in any way; it's just that I'm more used of having direct control on a character.
  • edited May 2010
    I wasn't to sure about playthroughs, because I only have a mac, and I had already been playing Ice Station Santa right after Tales ended.
    I've played all of season one on my macbook already. There are programs to make it work.

I would just like to note, controlling max's dialogue leads to some pretty hilarious results
  • edited May 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I wasn't to sure about playthroughs, because I only have a mac, and I had already been playing Ice Station Santa right after Tales ended.
    I've played all of season one on my macbook already. There are programs to make it work.

I would just like to note, controlling max's dialogue leads to some pretty hilarious results

True. Some people don't want to go to all that trouble, though.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.