The Disorient Express Appreciation Thread

MRNMRN
edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
15qyq6f.jpg

Words cannot describe the awesomness.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Yes, agreed. I also thought that it was quite awesome. A little too awesome to just be featured in one episode. Everything from its interior appearance, its exterior appearance, its passengers to its clever name - it really is cool.
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    Yes it is. I hope we get to see more of this in another episode somehow...
  • edited May 2010
    So do I. It's hard to see how it could be included though. Perhaps Sam & Max could find it in a museum (tattered and broken), steal it (somehow), restore it (somehow) and place it on the train tracks beneath the Straight & Narrow (somehow) and ride the thing to hell and back again!
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    ^^ Lol, that would be awesome xD
  • edited May 2010
    It could have been more awesome if we were allowed into the er... engine room or whatever it is called. And then we could have driven it. Or whatever you do with a train...

But that is the only way it could have been more awesome. Within the realms of possibility, it was fantastic.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, loved the train bit. Dunno if I'd be willing to see it again, though. Depends on contet/story.
  • edited May 2010
    It could have been more awesome if we were allowed into the er... engine room or whatever it is called. And then we could have driven it. Or whatever you do with a train...
    It would be nice to have the ability to explore the train in its entirety, including the locomotive, the conductor's office, the dining car, and of course the lunatic car. :)

Driving it is another matter altogether. I don't see it fitting an adventure game at all, unless, it is simplified a lot (like driving the Desoto).

If you like driving trains, you can try ZuSi (German), which simulates a lot of trains simultaneously and the signaling of an entire rail system.
    There is also a free simulator with nice graphics, but it can only simulate one train at a time: Loksim (also German)
  • MRNMRN
    edited May 2010
    it would be nice to have the ability to explore the train in its entirety, including the locomotive, the conductor's office, the dining car, and of course the lunatic car. :)

There's a lunatic car??????

:D
  • edited May 2010
    If you like driving trains, you can try ZuSi (German), which simulates a lot of trains simultaneously and the signaling of an entire rail system.

Eek no. I like driving a la the DeSoto.

Might explain why they took my licence away.

Kidding, kidding.
  • edited May 2010
    I love trains, especially old-timey ones. So the Disorient Express' presence in this episode pleased me greatly. :D
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the train, but if we ever see it again it needs to be shaped into a 21st century train.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    So do I. It's hard to see how it could be included though. Perhaps Sam & Max could find it in a museum (tattered and broken), steal it (somehow), restore it (somehow) and place it on the train tracks beneath the Straight & Narrow (somehow) and ride the thing to hell and back again!

That....could be quite awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I loved the train, but if we ever see it again it needs to be shaped into a 21st century train.

So, the Soul Train then?
  • edited May 2010
    What I love about the Disorient Express is that it has compartments, they should bring back compartments in trains. I always have to sit with some kid or a guy with bad BO, well I guess thats the fun of going on a train. :p
  • edited May 2010
    ...or somebody listening to techno or death metal on their iPod with the volume turned right up.
  • edited May 2010
    ...or somebody listening to techno or death metal on their iPod with the volume turned right up.

Hehe...
    Still prefer those to a bunch of **sholes yelling around or listening to the very same music but LOUDLY on their crap phones or...
    Oh well.
    Trains are so much fun :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    So, the Soul Train then?
    Since Telltale proved quite some skills in designing trains, it would be awesome to explore the Soul Train to the same extend we did the Disorient Express.
    I would also like to see the train behind Sam & Max's office getting involved in an episode sometime.
  • edited May 2010
    I loved it so much, I grew up watching and reading Poirot so it was great for Sam & Max to pay homage and do it so well :)
  • edited May 2010
    I would also like to see the train behind Sam & Max's office getting involved in an episode sometime.

If ou look at the model for this train it is the same as the soul train just with alitle less paint.
  • edited May 2010
    Disorient Express + Soul Train fanart plz.
  • edited May 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    If ou look at the model for this train it is the same as the soul train just with alitle less paint.
    Of course, the interior has still to be made, if they're going to use it in an episode. And both trains can have a completely different interior too, if they like.

I just noticed, the train behind the office is used to just pass by, isn't it? After all, we learned in episode 101 that there is no station nearby.
    However, the train behaves rather odd in 301. It seems to stop and accelerate totally random and even changes direction for no apparent reason. Is the driver on some serious drugs here? Will we find out in a later episode?
  • edited May 2010
    no it damaged it near strati street so it was going to ha pin eventual
  • edited May 2010
    Do you mean when the Maimtron ripped it off the tracks in the trailer for season 2?
  • edited May 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    If you look at the model for this train it is the same as the soul train just with a little less paint.

Yes, but this one is on rails far above the ground! :D

No, I actually agree with LogicDeLuxe. Every single episode prior to 'Tomb of Sammun-Mak' I have really wanted to see Sam & Max board that train to somewhere so that we could see the interior of it as well as see the other station(s) that it leads to. I'm very curious with things like that.
  • edited May 2010

It is involved,
    in the credits
    However, the train behaves rather odd in 301. It seems to stop and accelerate totally random and even changes direction for no apparent reason. Is the driver on some serious drugs here? Will we find out in a later episode?

This is something I must now investigate...
    and a preemptive curse you in case you're full of Satanic utterances.
    Epic Kiwi wrote: »
    Disorient Express + Soul Train fanart plz.

You really wish to ask that of the internet? Really? Ew...
  • edited May 2010
    i hate the disorient express. i can't understand the puzzle
  • edited May 2010

How can you not like trains?
  • edited May 2010
    I loved the name, and the fact that the cars' names are taken from the fact that each is overlayed with a particular color (i.e the blue car has a blue hue while the yellow car has a yellow hue).
  • edited June 2010

But the Disorient Express is awesome, it has such charm and character! Is this the only reason you hate the train, because you don't understand the puzzle?
  • edited June 2010
    But the Disorient Express is awesome, it has such charm and character! Is this the only reason you hate the train, because you didn't understand the puzzle?

What the hell are you talking about? I LOVE the Disorient Express!
  • edited June 2010
    I prefer the Disorient Express to the Tomb. The Tomb looks awesome but contains too few rooms: you'd expect, with the number of side doors, that there are more places to explore.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.