Hugh Bliss Appreciation Thread

edited May 2010 in Sam & Max
Might as well jump on the bandwagon!

Hugh Bliss really doesn't get enough credit as a character or a
sentient space bacteria
. His voice and movements are so full of personality that I really don't know how anyone can really dislike him.

Comments

• edited May 2010
    ...Hugh Bliss? Proprieter of the most annoying voice of all the games?

I like that he was essentially a sentient bacteria, and that the whole prismatology thing was a parody of religious cults, but...really?

Hugh Bliss?

Really?
  • edited May 2010
    I quite liked him in moderation.

Don't bring him back though. Seriously.
  • edited May 2010
    For a while, I didn't know what to make of him. Then my first playthrough of 106 came along.

I've been sold on him ever since.
  • edited May 2010
    Hugh Bliss is as good as yodeling. Good sometimes but annoying as hell ,and not the good kind, at points.
  • edited May 2010
    kill him or them or they or Coleraine no just kill it
  • edited May 2010
    sorry but batterer when sentient is confusing so I get mad he is ok i gees
  • edited May 2010
    I appreciate how he hasn't been in the 3rd season yet. Thank you TT.
  • edited May 2010
    I can't even comprehend how people don't like his voice. You can tell the voice actor put 110% into that role. The character himself is fantastic, such a perfect mixture of bizarrre, disturbing, and fabulous.
  • edited May 2010
    I awlays liked Hugh Bliss but I can understand why people wouldn't.
  • Nagaoka wrote: »
    I can't even comprehend how people don't like his voice. You can tell the voice actor put 110% into that role. The character himself is fantastic, such a perfect mixture of bizarrre, disturbing, and fabulous.

You can respect a voice actor's work on a character without liking the character himself. Though I have to admit, I liked listening to the BSotM commentaries and finding out that all of Hugh Bliss' choreography was copied from what David Boyll was doing in the recording booth while doing his lines.

As for the character of Hugh Bliss himself, I think he's a frightening riot. If you don't like him, then he's still a train-wreck-character: No matter how awful what he does is (Remember after he separated Max's bliss and started soaking up the happiness? I could not look at the game during that. It sounded like he was having an orgasm. No thank you!) you just can't turn away.
  • edited May 2010
    I was not a fan until 106, which I considered the greatest thing ever.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't appreciate Hugh Bliss, I never liked him, but I never disliked him. He was annoying at times and funny at other times. I agree with Guitarsareboring, he's good in moderation. If I listened to his voice for too long I think my ears would nearly explode.
  • edited May 2010
    hugh bliss was made from awesome. i want to read emetics so badly.
  • edited May 2010
    I want to read emetics so badly.

Maybe another item for the Telltale store?
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Maybe another item for the Telltale store?

please!
  • edited May 2010
    I doubt we'll see it happen though. Writing it would probably require excessive amounts of marijuana and a slideshow of bright colours.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I doubt we'll see it happen though. Writing it would probably require excessive amounts of marijuana and a slideshow of bright colours.

And obviously a sentient bacteria. It wouldn't be the same without one.
  • edited May 2010
    telltale cod prise it at 200.00£ at the estrange rat 450.00$ and Uol still buy it
  • edited May 2010
    I don't no the proper emigrate between panda and dollars
  • edited May 2010
    kane wrote: »
    telltale cod prise it at 200.00£ at the estrange rat 450.00$ and Uol still buy it

Sure I'll buy Jimmy Two-Teeth for $450
Sign in to comment in this discussion.