sam n max crash

edited December 2006 in Game Support
hi,

i'm having trouble running sam n max. when i run it, after the first two splash screens, it gives the BSOD and then reboots my computer. I've played many games on this computer so I dont think it's a problem with my setup. dxdiag says I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go graphics card. If there isn't a way to correct this is there any way to get a refund ?

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Please take a look at this thread, which describes the same sort of problem with the same video card: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1205

Try the drivers that are linked to in that thread, and let us know if they fix the problem.

If you can't get it working, yes, we can give you a refund.
  • edited December 2006
    thanks, this driver seems to have solved the problem for me.

can i suggest having a dedicated troubleshooting page for this kind of thing, as I tried installing another unofficial driver suggested in one of the other threads and this hosed my laptop for a day. Or ideally find a workaround for those cards for which no official driver upgrades exist.

cheers,
    Dave
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2006
    Could you post on that thread and say which driver worked for you, and which one you wish you'd avoided? That's the best way to archive this information for people, since then all the info is in the same place. We don't have any of these types of cards in the office so we have to rely on information from users who do.
This discussion has been closed.