Back to Hell? (Some Spoilers)

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
A thought hit me as I was re-playing some moments of Season 2 and the Devil's Playhouse.

What if, since the Soda Poppers are dead, that Hell is no longer an office... It's back to hell; with the tortured souls and the horrid monsters everywhere. So what if between the final Episodes (4 and 5) that Sam & Max have to once again go back to the underworld and put an end to evil once and for all?

Another thing that hit me is that, what if The Devil's Toybox is really... The Devil's Toybox, it could be hinting that all of those toys were part of Satan's childhood, and all of those evil Toys are Kid Satan's toys?

This all speculation of course, but if it's not, do you think the Season will end in Hell?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    A thought hit me as I was re-playing some moments of Season 2 and the Devil's Playhouse.

What if, since the Soda Poppers are dead, that Hell is no longer an office... It's back to hell; with the tortured souls and the horrid monsters everywhere. So what if between the final Episodes (4 and 5) that Sam & Max have to once again go back to the underworld and put an end to evil once and for all?

It's still Hell LLC. It was like that before the **** Poppers got there
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah it's sort of a shame. I found hell very anticlimactic, I thought it would be like a Dante style labyrinth. The hell is an office is the sort of thing I'd go 'heh' at in a Dillbert comic but not really somewhere I'd want to go twice. However I thought the character of Satan was great and would love to see him again.
  • edited June 2010
    To hell and back again, and then back again?

...I hope so.
  • edited June 2010
    I loved the form of hell. A boring workplace, with people having thier own personal Hells. I'm almost certain Telltale got the idea of it from the Hell in the Terry Pratchett Book:Eric. The phrase on the coffee cup "You don't have to be damned to work here, but it helps!" is (I think) taken DIRECTLY from the inscription on the sign at the entrance to hell in said book.
  • edited June 2010
    I thought that was a play on the coffee cup "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps."

Both versions probably are based on that.
  • edited June 2010
    It's still Hell LLC. It was like that before the **** Poppers got there

I don't remember anyone saying that. Who said it?
  • edited June 2010
    I believe Hell has been acquired by dunder miflans parper compony. (Sp. I dont really watch the office.)
  • edited June 2010
    Remolay wrote: »
    I thought that was a play on the coffee cup "You don't have to be crazy to work here, but it helps."

Both versions probably are based on that.
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Terry Pratchett's, but Eric is one of the few Discworld books I haven't read yet. Sounds like it's going to be next on my list.

And the concept of Hell-as-office came from Brendan, Dave, and Heather, I believe.
  • edited June 2010
    I noticed the similarity to Eric, but I never thought it was a reference. Besides, the Discworld version was punctuated differently. (You don't have to be "damned" to work here, but it helps!!!!!)
  • edited June 2010
    splash1 wrote: »

Another thing that hit me is that, what if The Devil's Toybox is really... The Devil's Toybox, it could be hinting that all of those toys were part of Satan's childhood, and all of those evil Toys are Kid Satan's toys?

This all speculation of course, but if it's not, do you think the Season will end in Hell?
    Not to mention he said that he'd be seeing our duo again very soon.
  • edited June 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Terry Pratchett's, but Eric is one of the few Discworld books I haven't read yet. Sounds like it's going to be next on my list.

Eric is a strange book - it starts off with probably the craziest event in the entire Discworld series, and then it deflates quite a bit, and goes on as if Terry was writing it on autopilot. I feel it's like a 150 page excuse to bring Rincewind back after the events of Sourcery.
    Pratchett on autopilot is still a good read, though :)
  • BrendanBrendan Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Chuck wrote: »
    And the concept of Hell-as-office came from Brendan, Dave, and Heather, I believe.

I'm not sure about that. My recollection is hazy, but that may have been an idea directly from Steve. The only thing I remember for sure about that day is that I made a quesadilla which was momentous because it was the first time I ever cooked something that didn't have a first name.
  • edited June 2010
    Being one of many victims of drab office life, I have to chime in by saying that Hell LLC is possibly the most nightmarish vision of the afterlife that I have ever seen. Well, second-most nightmarish.

The only reason that the Philly dip commercials wind up at Number 1 is because that office is supposedly the best place in the universe. If that's the case, please, sign me up for the boiling lakes filled with man-eating devil crocodiles, and make it snappy!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.