I pad Sam max problems

edited June 2010 in Sam & Max
So I bought this game for my Ipad and it's bugging out on me. I love the game but I can't the controller to show up to move Sam around, plus I beat the first part and it glitched out on me in the opening credits... Is ther a patch coming out to fix these bugs. It's a good game but for the money I'd be pissed if I wasted my cash on a game that doesn't work. Can anyone help?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Just a quick check, what location/point in the story are you trying to move sam around?
  • edited June 2010
    I bought the game today on iPad. I also have it on PS3.
    I was totally horrified the first time I played it, as the game is totally sluggish, freezes and has very strong sound issues. I booted my ipad, and it seems to go smoother (but not perfect).
    Then, at the beginning of the game, after opening the gate to suck kunkape in, the controller won't show up, whatever I do. So I'm already stuck in this rushed version of the game. I feel stolen and lied to, especially after watching the video on the site!

I really hope a patch is coming quickly. Better go back to the ps3 version. Too bad, the game is so well written and funny.

Still, love your games, and your Monkey Island remakes are just fantastic (thumbs up for the iPhone version).
  • edited June 2010
    I've got. The exact same issue at the very same step. Stuck with the ape hanging to the wheel and no way to make Sam take one step in any direction. Very frustrating !!!:(
  • edited June 2010
    Unfortunately, this is a known issue.

One way you can circumvent this is by tapping other objects around the world to manuver around the environment.
    Try talking to Harry Moleman, then you should be in a camera angle that lets you tap the Mind Reading power. You should then be able to use the Mind Reading on Harry, and gain access to the upper level of the Flagship via the Teleportation Telephone.
    Once you get Sam to the upper level of the Flagship, you should be able to walk around normally again.

Sorry about this, and good luck!

-Alex

Go nuts.
  • edited June 2010
    This make the game un-playable. I'm gonna ask for a refund
  • edited June 2010
    theres a way to do that on the iTunes Store
  • edited June 2010
    Willykyu wrote: »
    Still, love your games, and your Monkey Island remakes are just fantastic (thumbs up for the iPhone version).
    This is maybe a minor nitpick, but Telltale didn't make the Monkey Island 1 and 2 Special Editions. LucasArts did.
    Just thought I'd point that out :)
  • edited June 2010
    Yeah I am on the first level too. I think I smell refund as well. Maybe I will get broken sword... That's a good game. Though it's a shame I was really dig in the humor here in Sam and max
  • edited June 2010
    5 posts up. Please.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.