SamMax301 video problems

edited June 2010 in Game Support
Problems start with initial screens. The New Game/Help & Settings/Quit items react when move mouse over them, but may or may not respond to clicks. If the screen is working, then I can move around easily; if not, seems I have to click in very specific spots to trigger anything and that spot is not consistent.

When I can get into the game, the icons, etc move around and appear/disappear as I move the mouse. At first, Shield is on the right, Inventory is on the left, and Notebook is missing. If I move my mouse towards upper right, all three icons appear at upper right, but have to move mouse in very specific way to activate.
Inventory impossible to use. Again, items move as I move the mouse. Clicking, when it works, seems haphazard; what I click on is not what gets triggered. Really can't play the game at all.

Updated video and mouse drivers. Tried different screen resolutions and graphics quality. Lower resolutions seem to help with initial screens, but in-game problems still occur. Tried full screen and not.

Sent email to support [issue-31865]

Win XP SP 3
Dell 8300 Pentium4 3.00GHz 2.5 GB RAM
Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB graphics card
Dell P990 monitor
DirectX 9.0 (4.06.0000.0904)
Logitech MX500 Optical Mouse

Comments

• edited June 2010
    It was my joystick. I unplugged it and the game works fine.
This discussion has been closed.