Which Movie is it Based On?

2»

Comments

• bubbledncrbubbledncr Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2010
    Simply, the blatant plot point that is Jurassic Park is easily summed up: Dinosaurs are murder machines that kill people and destroy cities.

I thought the plot point was that Life Finds A Way, and people shouldn't try to control nature.

Half the dinosaurs in the first movie didn't hurt anyone (brachiasaurus, triceratops, gallimimus).
  • edited July 2010
    bubbledncr wrote: »
    I thought the plot point was that Life Finds A Way, and people shouldn't try to control nature.
    Personally, I think if they had to tell you the point, that wasn't it unless there's no better alternative. Either way I wonder what sort of game would it be if that was the main focus? Better breeding strategies? Playing PETA's response to the opening of Jurassic Park? :p

Actually that'd be pretty crazy too. Consider a game where crazed PETA activist aims to free the newly recreated dinos into their natural habitat of San Francisco in the name of animal rights? But then we're back to square one with dinos eating people anyway, yay!

Great quote:
    John Hammond: All major theme parks have delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked.
    Ian Malcolm: Yeah; but John, if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists.
    Half the dinosaurs in the first movie didn't hurt anyone (brachiasaurus, triceratops, gallimimus).
    No one said there weren't background dinos (the T-rex and Velociraptor are what people first remember about JP), but certainly you'd admit the focus and majority of the movies/books was running from all the dinos that are smart enough to kill everyone and the other deadly ones that you run into while trying to escape. Not the Brontosaurus quietly grazing in the field not happening to be crushing anyone at this point in time.
  • edited July 2010
    #1, Security guard eaten live by Velociraptors (who seem to be invulnerable to stun guns)
    #2, Lawyer guy bitten by T-rex and corpse flung about
    #3, Newman gets eaten by Dilophosarus complete with face blinding acid and killed in car
    #4, Samual Jackson killed by Velociraptors, note severed limb conviniently placed to freak out female lead (there were other cases of severed limbs but this happened to be in the death scene, I remember an eye thing)
    #5: Hunter guy gets face ripped off by Velociraptor.

Deaths number 1 3 and 5 are off screen.

#1 You only see the hand getting pulled away as the Hunter screams "Shoot Her"

#3 You see the jeep that has Nerdy and the Dilophosarus in shake from a distance.

#5 The hunter sees the raptor ambush says "Clever girl" then the screen cuts the the Raptor's eye.
  • edited July 2010
    Charey wrote: »
    Deaths number 1 3 and 5 are off screen.

#1, he's getting his bottom half eaten while he screams, so it's kinda half 'n' half.

#3, I agree.

#5, I disagree, the dino jumps on him and is attacking him brutally while he goes out of focus then the camera pans to the eye of another one while he's still screaming.
  • edited August 2010
    I posted a link in another thread to this interview. It hints that the game might center around events occurring at the same time as events from the movies:
    ...Connors reports that he is hoping to build on the canon, “Its good for the franchise to give it a little more depth, we’ll take the basic ideas and explore new areas.” adding that they will take a look at, “the ‘black space’ in the films, areas that were there and had different things going on [off camera]. "That way, the player can go and experience what aren’t exactly film moments, but different perspectives on [those moments]."
  • edited August 2010
    That is SO cool! Just imagine the possibilities...
  • edited September 2010
    I hope it will have the best feature. include large meat eaters, medium meat eaters, small meat eaters, herbivores of all sizes, ptera dactyls, and maybe another level of other animals like wooly mammoth, sabertooth tiger, do do, giant frog. voices like original actors, more of the euphoria of opening the park and the large herbivores, the wow factor.
  • edited September 2010
    Please, no 'do do'. One's enough around these here parts.
  • edited September 2010
    screw the movies! base it on the book for once.
  • edited October 2010
    koiboi59 wrote: »
    screw the movies! base it on the book for once.

The movie is already based on the books, so technically it would be a repeat of the movie.

PS. resurrected.
  • edited October 2010
    The movie is already based on the books, so technically it would be a repeat of the movie.

PS. resurrected.

well i meant do the first book since it is way different from the first movie
  • edited October 2010
    They've said they don't have the license to the books, and they'll try to cover the "holes" in the movies or something like that.

Man I can't wait for any type of update!
  • edited October 2010
    Trenchfoot wrote: »
    They've said they don't have the license to the books, and they'll try to cover the "holes" in the movies or something like that.

Man I can't wait for any type of update!

i figured that out a while ago, i just wanted to argue why i said that.
  • edited October 2010
    The original Jurassic Park is a classic..no question. It's one of my all time favorite movies. I never watch the sequels, I personally think they are both horrible. The Lost World was an interesting idea, but the ending was a disaster it looked as though the writers were trying to mimic a King Kong atmosphere..ugh and don't get me started on Jurassic Park 3...a hybrid mega dinosaur...what is this the 1950s?
  • edited October 2010
    The spinosaurus was a real dinosaur. Not a hybrid mega dinosaur from the 1950's.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2010
    The spinosaurus was a real dinosaur. Not a hybrid mega dinosaur from the 1950's.

Yes, the spinosaurus WAS a real dinosaur. but come on... it was lame. I can't be just me that thought it looked like a giant scaly duck!
  • edited October 2010
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    Yes, the spinosaurus WAS a real dinosaur. but come on... it was lame. I can't be just me that thought it looked like a giant scaly duck!

That's mostly because his body was adapted for hunting in water. Hence his nostrils were placed on top of his snout instead on the side or front.

2wlucjt.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Why don't they try to make it a combination of the three, to be different.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.