Music

2»

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Jurassic Park music in general includes the original score, obviously. Think next time, as you so nicely put it.

Yes, Jurassic Park music does include the original score. But had the thread you linked been titled "Jurassic Park Music IN the new Game?" or some title pertaining to THE GAME and not just the general idea of Jurassic Park music, as it currently stands, you might not look so pretentious with your rolly eyes original response, and maybe I'd be being a lot more cordial towards you.
  • edited January 2011
    Metiphis wrote: »
    and maybe I'd be being a lot more cordial towards you.

My magic 8-ball says 'highly unlikely'.

Anyhoo..... two threads about the same thing is just plain pointless. Having to post same idea in two threads.. :confused: Pretty bonkers.
  • edited January 2011
    Metiphis wrote: »

Fun Fact: Alan Silvestri also did the score for Predator.

As well as Who Framed Roger Rabbit!
  • edited January 2011
    As we have seen on the Back to the Future game, I suppose we'll have the original themes arranged/remixed by some other composer. Probably Jared Emerson-Johnson

Actually, I believe that in order to license music by John Williams, it *HAS* to be performed by John Williams, as he doesen't allow others to do arranged/remixes of his works.
  • edited January 2011
    Liquid-X wrote: »
    Actually, I believe that in order to license music by John Williams, it *HAS* to be performed by John Williams, as he doesen't allow others to do arranged/remixes of his works.

Really? I heard the new upcoming version of Star Tours will have Williams themes rearranged by Michael Giacchino.
  • edited January 2011
    doggans wrote: »
    Really? I heard the new upcoming version of Star Tours will have Williams themes rearranged by Michael Giacchino.

That's correct.
  • edited January 2011
    If that was true, it would be very difficult for LucasArts to make the music for their many Star Wars and Indiana Jones games, where they use remixed/revisited versions of many of the classic Williams' themes
  • edited January 2011
    Soo...Williams no longer has issues with others performing his work. Hmm...was that a subtle hint that we will be hearing the original melodies in game composed by Jared? Or maybe Michael Land? As he's adapted John Williams scores in the past with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
  • edited January 2011
    Soo...Williams no longer has issues with others performing his work. Hmm...was that a subtle hint that we will be hearing the original melodies in game composed by Jared? Or maybe Michael Land? As he's adapted John Williams scores in the past with Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

Lol that wasn't a hint at anything. It was just me saying that the Michael Giacchino arranged score for the new Star Tours is happening.

I promise, not everything I say here is Telltale related.
  • edited January 2011
    Lol that wasn't a hint at anything. It was just me saying that the Michael Giacchino arranged score for the new Star Tours is happening.

I promise, not everything I say here is Telltale related.

Hmm was that a subtle hint that EVERYTHING you say is Telltale related? Massive assumptions based on everything you say from now on! Michael Giacchino is somehow involved in Telltale's Jurassic Park! OMG!
  • edited January 2011

Then Jurassic Park III wouldn't have had any of the themes associated with Jurassic Park. Nor would any of the Harry Potter movies after he left up until The Deathly Hallows. Nor would any of the Star Wars video games.
  • edited January 2011
    I think it would be best for them to use the movie soundtrack for their music.
  • edited January 2011
    I think they should get Weird Al to score the game with original polka compositions
  • edited February 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I think they should get Weird Al to score the game with original polka compositions

That could work. He's obviously well-aquainted with the mood of the series. As he once pointed out, "Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark. All the dinosaurs are running wild, someone shut the fence off in the rain. Oh, I know it's kinda eerie. But this proves my chaos theory." However he has also stated a certain reluctance about doing anything Jurassic Park-related, saying "I don't think I'll be coming back again. Oh no."
  • edited February 2011
    Imagine hearing something like this in-game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM_lSoCBOFM
  • edited February 2011
    So has there been confirmation of whether or not John Williams' themes will be used in the game?
  • edited February 2011
    That could work. He's obviously well-aquainted with the mood of the series. As he once pointed out, "Jurassic Park is frightening in the dark. All the dinosaurs are running wild, someone shut the fence off in the rain. Oh, I know it's kinda eerie. But this proves my chaos theory." However he has also stated a certain reluctance about doing anything Jurassic Park-related, saying "I don't think I'll be coming back again. Oh no."

I'm afraid those things will harm me!

'Cause they sure don't act like Barney!

And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend!

Oh, noooo!
  • edited February 2011
    So has there been confirmation of whether or not John Williams' themes will be used in the game?

You can hear it at the very end of the trailer. That's pretty much a confirmation.
  • edited February 2011
    If anyone can confirm... Is Jared composing the score? We heard some music during the demo preview, but maybe it was just a temp-track or something...

Can't wait to hear what he will come up with! :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.