Macbooks, External Displays, and Widescreen in S&M Season 2

edited June 2010 in Game Support
So I recently bought a Macbook Pro i7, and I'm super glad I can play all the Telltale games now. Runs super, I can crank up the resolution and graphics quality and it's smooth as hell.

However, I've decided to hook up my Macbook to my television to use as an external display so I can use all the luxuries of a big screen, and a proper mouse and keyboard combo.

However, while ToMI and Penal Zone are completely fine, for some reason Sam & Max Season 2 does not want to recognise my TV of being capable of any widescreen resolutions, and I can only play in 4:3. The maximum resolution of my TV is 1360x768.

If I use my regular laptop monitor I can run in widescreen perfectly, of course.

Does anyone have any clue? Is there something I can fiddle with to force it to a specific resolution?

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Doorselfin wrote: »
    If I use my regular laptop monitor I can run in widescreen perfectly, of course.

Does anyone have any clue? Is there something I can fiddle with to force it to a specific resolution?

Can you actually select a widescreen solution in the game on your laptop?

Season 1 and 2 are in 4:3 on PC and up to now I assumed, that TTG hasn't changed that, because it could be a lot of extra work to get scenes right.

Maybe your laptop just scales or letterboxes the 4:3 screen and your TV doesn't?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Season 2 is widescreen actually, but it queries your video card to see what resolutions are available and unfortunately only shows resolutions that are 4x3, 16x9 or 16x10. It's possible that your video card either (A) thinks it can't support those resolutions or (B) your resolution is something like 16x9.0133258, which makes the game think it isn't a real resolution.

Edit: hah, it helps when I read the post fully. Looks like you have problem (B) unfortunately.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Season 2 is widescreen actually

Oops :o
This discussion has been closed.