Telltale @ E3 2010

2»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I know the answer but I don't know how to reply to them on Twitter. I barely ever use it. -.-

put @telltalegames at the front of your twitter and you'll "reply" to them. Could also hit the "reply" button at the bottom right of their tweet (you'll see it if you hover your cursor over their tweet).

Do not that replies aren't private, not that I expect it matters in a tweet to telltale :p
  • edited June 2010
    Lena_P wrote: »
    Do not that replies aren't private, not that I expect it matters in a tweet to telltale :p

They're not?! Oops... >.>
  • edited June 2010
    umm is the trivia question ever going to be answered? Its been a whole day.
  • edited June 2010
    I know the answer, but I don't have a twitter account.
  • nikasaurnikasaur Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Tjibbbe wrote: »
    5) What's your favourite dinosaur? (Stegosaurus is the right answer. Triceratops is also acceptable, just because Dr. Grant is so awesome.)

Coelophysis.
  • edited June 2010
    From the desk of Andrew Ryan,

I was rather impressed with Telltale's E3 offerings this year. There were... grumblings, I know, that Telltale had sold out with Jurassic Park and Back To The Future. This discontent is understandable, but we all have to make our money, and licensing insures that Telltale will be able to bring us more of the point and click games that we dearly love.

After all, is a company not entitled to the fruits of their labors? Of course they are! Even on the surface, a man has a reasonable expectation of profit from his sweat. So while I'm interested in seeing what happens with the Universal games, I am still more interested in seeing Puzzle Agent and any other original properties they may bring to the table in the future. Should Telltale ever need another licensing agreement, I do hope they consider Ryan Industries as a business partner.

So, as E3 comes to a close, I look eagerly forward to the coming months in gaming... and wonder what the deal is with Gabe Newell staying tight lipped on Half Life 2 Episode 3, the monster.

Here's to another year of great puzzle games!

-Andrei
  • edited June 2010
    So you guys got me a guybrush voodoo doll right?
  • edited June 2010
    Wait, people were unhappy with Telltale teaming up with Universal to make effin' BttF?
  • edited June 2010
    GaryCXJk wrote: »
    Wait, people were unhappy with Telltale teaming up with Universal to make effin' BttF?

Some people. Other are exited. Others just simple surprised and just ok with that (Me).
  • edited June 2010

Let me be clear. While I am... displeased, I am not upset. I will make no proclamations here. Telltale has every right to make lucrative agreements in order to continue making the games they love. I would simply prefer they do an original property, or perhaps a LucasArts title.
  • edited June 2010
    So, as E3 comes to a close, I look eagerly forward to the coming months in gaming... and wonder what the deal is with Gabe Newell staying tight lipped on Half Life 2 Episode 3, the monster

The reason why no one should ever complain about delays in Telltale Games' episodic development: Valve Software's idea of episodic gaming.
  • edited June 2010
    I really look forward to BttF and JP.... but I must admit I would much rather Tales season 2.
  • edited June 2010
    I'm looking massively forward to B2F and JP without having seen either film, because from what I've seen so far, regardless of material or whether or not they're "selling out" telltale make consistently fun games. Hey telltale could sell out in the biggest way possible and make an avatar game, and I'm still pretty sure that would be awesome.
  • edited June 2010
    It could even be about George W. Bush taking a dump and you can almost bet that it would be a smash hit.
  • edited June 2010
    It could even be about George W. Bush taking a dump and you can almost bet that it would be a smash hit.

What do you mean EVEN,that is the best idea ever!
  • edited June 2010
    "Beating around the Bush" is rumoured to be the next game in the pilot project, in fact. It'll be tetris-influenced with the art style of Van Gogh.
  • edited June 2010
    Where's Kevorkian when you need him? :(
  • edited June 2010
    New interview with Dave Grossman at e3 that I don't think anyone's posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCto6JiCADQ
  • edited June 2010
    RAGEMODE!! WHY AM I NOT A E3??
    Oh yes, i live far far away :(
  • edited June 2010
    You have to work in the industry to go to E3...
  • edited June 2010
    Ha! I work in the industry, but we didn't have a .com yet, so they denied us. Next year though!
  • edited June 2010
    Not any more, Irishmile. I'm pretty sure you can just buy tickets again.

Also, a reason why you're not able to go is that E3 ended already :p
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks for posting that video of Grossman. The "Pilot program" seems really intriguing. I know some people will be disappointed that the program doesn't work the other way around, with TTG as "The Network" and the community giving the pitches (pss...I have a pilot to pitch). However, I imagine that process would get pretty hairy in a hurry when you consider TTG's rabid fan base, and it's a better idea to test the program the way they're doing it.

Dave also got me excited when he started talking about Jurassic Park. A less silly, more gritty game experience is something I can't wait to see Telltale try. It sounded like he was hinting at some possible twitch elements in Jurassic Park. Mechanics aside, I just want to hear Samuel L Jackson's, "Hold on to your butts" line played when I click "Start game". It's all about production value!

Keep up the great work, guys!
  • edited September 2010
    Not to bump an old thread, but shouldn't this be un-stickied by now?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.