What's been the worst Sam and Max episode so far?

13»

Comments

• edited October 2010
    Moai Better Blues, because I can't NOT compare it to "Hidden Expedition: The Devil's Triangle." There wasn't much to do on the island outside of annoying the Moai Heads, & I hate babies. It did improve once you get to the Seachimps though. Meanwhile HEDT has you running all over the island meeting 6 times as many characters from different time periods.
  • edited October 2010
    Just replayed s1 and s2 and Moai Better Blues is worst as of yet. Can't believe Reality 2.0 hasn't been mentioned yet as I think it's close with Situation Comedy.

It has a geek chique that only people who played video games in the 80s can really appriciate. I'm one of those people, so that was my favorite episode of season 1.
  • edited October 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    It has a geek chique that only people who played video games in the 80s can really appriciate. I'm one of those people, so that was my favorite episode of season 1.

Reality 2.0 was definitely my favorite episode from season 1. No doubt about it.
  • edited October 2010
    I adore reality 2.0 xD.
  • edited October 2010
    Imo, situation comedy is the worst since it was so disorganized and as someone else have said earilar, it felt like a filler ep for ep 1 and 3.

Then again, the first three episodes in season 1 were lacking somthing. I like Culture Shock, though I only played it once when it first came out - it might be nostalga.

The season picks up with Abe Lincoln Must Die!

As for season 2, Moai Blues hands down. l was watching my brother playing it for the past few days, and remember me how frustrated and boring that episode is.

I just bought season 3, so I have no judgement on it yet.
  • edited October 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    Max's voice in 101 is awesome. You should watch that trailer for season 1.

I prefer Max's current voice since it is so much closer to the Lucas Arts version. No offense to the 101 VA for Max, but it was too squeaky

As for the trailer, do you mean the trailer teaser for the first season? If so, I think Max was voiced by the same guy who voiced Sam.
  • edited October 2010
    Moai Better Blues or Culture Shock.
  • edited October 2010
    So far I have only played The Devil's Playhouse on PS3 (Where I got 100% trophy completiton for the whole season) and I have to admit that I loved every single episode, but episode 2 "The Tomb of Sammun-Mak"

The episode starts out interesting, but I never understood how episode 1 and 2 could be related in any way. Also the psychic toys you get in episode 2 are not as fun or interesting as the toys in episode 1. (Trust me they fixed that problem VERY WELL later in the season)

I am going to buy season 1 for the Wii just as soon I have some money and I will maybe buy season 2 for Computer.

Off-Topic: I noticed something funny with the name Sammun-Mak:
    Sammun-Mak
    Sam und Mak
    Sam and Max
  • edited November 2010
    Moai Better Blues, Culture Shock, Night of the Raving Dead, and What's new, Beelzebub?. Mostly based on the humor, but I did enjoy Sam's nightmare in the last episode of season two.
  • edited November 2010
    S1: The Mole the Mob and the Meatball. It just wasn't funny to me, and the puzzles weren't the best.
    S2: Moai Better Blues, but the Seachimp part was amazing.
  • edited November 2010
    Elvenmonk wrote: »
    S2: Moai Better Blues, but the Seachimp part was amazing.

Yeah, I agree. That area is definitely the best part of that episode.
  • edited November 2010
    It was the only enjoyable part of the episode.
  • edited November 2010
    A lot of Season Two proved to be difficult for me... needing the hint thing on almost all the time... a bit embarrassing to say really, but it was true. That being said I thoroughly enjoyed all of Season Two... and I would say that the first 2 episodes were the least memorable. It seemed that episodes 1, 3, 4, 5 had more darker settings and episode 2 was more brighter, so that was a bit of a sore thumb, do to say. But each episode was enjoyable for me.
  • edited November 2010
    Ghdude93 wrote: »
    Off-Topic: I noticed something funny with the name Sammun-Mak:
    Sammun-Mak
    Sam und Mak
    Sam and Max

no shit.

worst episode was probably the moai one. still pretty good though.
  • edited November 2010
    I don't know why, but episode one of season 3, didn't draw me in. I never finished it, until' just recently (after all the other episodes have been released) but I think so far the other four are making up for that.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.