PS3 ToMI Controls

edited June 2010 in Game Support
Weird question, but are the controls in the demo the controls for the season? They seem somewhat wonky compared to the controls in TDP.

Controls as I can figure them (there doesn't appear to be a controls screen under settings):

L-Stick: Movement
R-Stick: Highlight Objects in a Certain Direction
L1/R1: Cycle through selectable objects left/right (also in inventory)
L2/R2: Highlight all selectable objects
L3: None
D-Pad/R3: Trigger Hint
X: confirm selection/use
Circle: Back/Cancel/Skip Dialogue
Triangle: Access Inventory/Combine objects (in inventory)
Square: Examine objects (in inventory)

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Circle is also held to run.

The demo is chapter 1, though. It unlocks via a 100kb file when you buy the season.
  • edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Circle is also held to run.

Forgot about that since you can't run on the pirate ships (demo cuts right after where the opening credits would be).

I was honestly kinda holding out hope it was beta controls or something since R-Stick highlighting seems superfluous and having a hint button seems like it ought to be for testing purposes. Definitely puts me on the fence for buying again...
  • edited June 2010
    I personally love the PS3 controls, and the directional highlighter thing actually helps with selecting a specific hotspot more easily, as it allows you to cycle through ones in a specific direction rather than all of the ones that are on screen.
  • edited June 2010
    I just saw it as a step down from the Sam & Max control scheme, but I'll agree that they feel better than WASD or even click n'drag.
This discussion has been closed.