Sam and Max 302 issues on mac

edited June 2010 in Game Support
Every time I start SM 302 now, the screen changes to the game resolution, then flickers with a bunch of garbage continually. I let it run for a while and the game screen never came up.
When I hit cmd+Q to kill it, there is a brief moment before it shuts off and switches back to the regular OS resolution when you can see the game menu screen. But only a moment.

Do you have a fix available for this?

Previous problems (so hopefully you can fix this before others run into it): Yesterday I had it working for about an hour or two. Prior to that, I couldn't play because it froze EVERY time I went into the mole woman's home. This wasn't just a game freeze either, it locked up my entire machine. The caps lock key still worked, but I could not cmd+tab out of the app, or cmd+q kill it, or even bring up the force kill window. This caused me to hard-reboot my machine OVER AND OVER AND OVER.
The way I eventually got it to play was by turning the graphics as LOW as they can go: 800x600 with quality=1.

I'm running a 2.4 Ghz core 2 duo, with 4GB ram, with a 256mb Chipset Model: ATI,RadeonHD2600

This should be more than enough to run a simple game like sam and max, no?

And while I'm on this... 301 wouldn't work for the longest time. It crashed immediately upon startup. One day, weeks after purchasing it, it started working again.

I will say that I absolutely LOVE telltale (and LucasArts, back in the day) point and click games. However, these recent experiences have COMPLETELY soured me toward telltale.
As much as I love these games, I don't think I can stomach making another purchase from you unless you shape up your product quality, AND FAST!
I've had a lot of people ask me about my experience with steam and telltale games on mac, and I've been kind of dodgy ("oh, i'll give it some more time, and a fair chance...") thus far... but I'm ready to scream from the rooftops that nobody in their right mind should buy a telltale product.

I have spent more time rebooting my computer and randomly testing to see if the games will finally run, than I have actually playing them. This is not an exaggeration.
Un-freaking-acceptable. You have sold me a defective product.

Please advise regarding my newest current problem in the top paragraph.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I had similar issues. I've been playing these in Windowed mode so that if the game freezes I don't crash the whole machine.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    First and foremost, the 301 error was an unfortunate engine issue with the Mac version that has since been fixed if you feel like redownloading it. As for the 302 issues, hopefully it's something relatively mild like you have an out-of-range resolution.

Simplest way to fix that is to take it out of full-screen. To do that you either hit cmd-F while it's going all flickery and crazy. From there, that should pop the game into windowed mode which will hopefully be nice and clear. From there you can try re-setting your game resolution to something that your computer agrees with.
This discussion has been closed.