Tales of Monkey Island bug - literally cannot get any further

edited June 2010 in Game Support
So, when you need to distract Joaquin to get his dolls, he turns round for a split second, then literally turns straight back round giving me no time to do anything. I looked at a video of the event to see if I was doing anything wrong, and the person in the video did exactly the same, but had much MUCH longer to pick up the dolls.
I can't even move the curser on my version, he moves around so quickly.

I play the PS3 version which I downloaded, and reinstalled to see if it would get rid of the bug, this morning.

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I ran in to the same bug. Honestly did you do any product testing.
  • edited June 2010
    Sad to say I got the very same bug. Tried deleting and reinstalling but nope.

Playing on PS3.

Feedback on this please.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, makes me feel somewhat better knowing others have come across the same bug.

At least this means there'll be complaints, and it'll be dealt with asap more than likely.
  • edited June 2010
    are all of you using the PS3-version? I never ran into that in the PC release.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited June 2010
    I wonder if you have anything in common that the bug occurs. What model numbers do your PS3s have? (Last 7 characters of the serial number)
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Hey guys, when he turns around immediately, does it happen even if you don't do anything (ie hand off the controller and such), or does he turn around the instant you press a button?
  • edited June 2010
    are you trying to make Guybrush move? If you keep Guybrush still and use the shoulder buttons to cycle through the click-able things everything works just fine.
  • edited June 2010
    Irishmile wrote: »
    are you trying to make Guybrush move? If you keep Guybrush still and use the shoulder buttons to cycle through the click-able things everything works just fine.

Nope, doesnt work. I tried that. I can cycle through the options with the right analogstick but to be able to choose the dolls I have to move. And the very moment I move or press anything the guy instantly turns back.
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Hey guys, when he turns around immediately, does it happen even if you don't do anything (ie hand off the controller and such), or does he turn around the instant you press a button?

He moves when we move. Instantly.
  • edited June 2010

Aye it happens even when I don't press anything, when I try to move, and when I try to scroll through the things you can interact with.
  • edited June 2010
    weird.... that really sucks.
  • edited June 2010
    Hmm, my mistake.
    It would appear that yes, you do just scroll on over to it without moving.
    My mistake was trying to use the analogue stick to select it, thus making me move and resetting the conversation.

My bad, hehe.

Man I feel like an idiot.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    Ok, I'm glad it works. Still it's a bit of an awkward implementation to be sure. Really sorry about that.
  • edited June 2010
    Ok, I'm glad it works. Still it's a bit of an awkward implementation to be sure. Really sorry about that.

Yes, should be patched imo. Weird that I can't use the buttons and controls I use for everything else in the game.

I understand the problem and I know the solution... but I fail cause I used the analogstick instead of shoulderbuttons.

I'm glad I can keep progressing in the game, but it feels, not just awkward, but a bit stupid imo :p
  • edited June 2010
    I would still call that a bug.

For all the hundreds of others that show up here stuck. :confused:
    When his back is turned don't touch the joysticks and press R1 then X to get around this bug.
This discussion has been closed.