TOMI Chapter 2 PS3 Gamebreaking Issue...

edited June 2010 in Game Support
There appears to be a serious glitch on the PS3 version of Tales Of Monkey Island: Chapter 2. Basically it goes as follows:

You use the raft to get to the island where both of McGillicuty's (sp?) men are arguing over who gets to bury the artifact. What you have to do is tell them to turn aropund, so you can place a certain object into their chest...the problem being that whenever guybrush trys to put it in they spot him and after they tell him to stop, they speak again letting you know they're no longer distracted. I know i'm doing it right because I've read guides on the internet telling me this is whaty I have to do.

I've tried deleting the game and reinstalling it and i've even deleted my saved data and tried playing from the start, both to no avail.

What bothers me is that i spent soooo long thinking I was doing something wrong that it never occrued to me the game might be glitched...infact it wa onlyt seeing this thread that made me realise it must be a problem with the game itself.

I hope you guys notice this and patch the problem out...if you need any more information I'll be more than happy to give it to you...I'd just hate to have to watch a "Let's Play" video of Chapter 2 on Youtube or something so I can proceed with the story.

It's really dampened my spirits as I really want to play the game...but if I can't go any further then I just won't play it....and that makes me fell like I've been cheated out of £15.

Any response would be appreciated...

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    SamStrife wrote: »
    What you have to do is tell them to turn aropund, so you can place a certain object into their chest...the problem being that whenever guybrush trys to put it in they spot him and after they tell him to stop, they speak again letting you know they're no longer distracted.

Ok, I just want to make sure you aren't missing any steps here:
    Are you telling them to go into a staring contest, and then WHILE they are staring, are you telling them to turn around? They should both be facing away from each other, at which point you should be able to put the thing in the chest.
  • edited June 2010
    Will wrote: »
    Ok, I just want to make sure you aren't missing any steps here:
    Are you telling them to go into a staring contest, and then WHILE they are staring, are you telling them to turn around? They should both be facing away from each other, at which point you should be able to put the thing in the chest.

Right that was where I went wrong. I don't know whether I feel like a comlete idiot or if that's just a really poor puzzle..I'm kinda shifting towards the latter but at the same time...thank you very much for your quick response, now I can get back to playing.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    No worries! Just glad it wasn't a bug :)
This discussion has been closed.