Just received DVD : Sound problems...

edited June 2010 in Game Support
Ok, like I said, I just received the DVD. The install went really slow, it took a while for the DVD to even be recognized. When the dialog popped up asking if I wanted to install etc, it took about another 2 minutes or so to begin the setup. Then it finished, and I started the game. Left everything at defaults, and started Episode 1. At first I thought I had no sound at all, but when I turned it all the way up I found that I did have sound, very low, and everything in mono going to the subwoofer. (at least that's how it sounded). Anybody else have this problem, or anything similar?

I forgot to mention that when I downloaded each episode they each played without a hitch, so I think the problem is with the DVD, the install, or both.

System specs:

Intel i7 920
EVGA x58 MB
6Gb Ram
ATI 5850 Video card
Windows 7 Pro - 64bit

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    It's likely that something on your system has changed since you last played the game. First things first, could you try updating your DirectX and sound card drivers?
  • edited June 2010
    Well, hate to admit it but it was my problem.

I checked for the latest sound drivers for my motherboard, and that was not it. But it did make me check the audio connections and it was then that I discovered that the front side speakers of my 5.1 surround sound system were plugged into the wrong jack on the motherboard.

Wonder how long they have been that way?

Oh well, thanks for your help, quick response, and a totally awesome game! You may delete this thread all together if you wish.
This discussion has been closed.