Star Menu - Shortcut names are inconsistent across episodes and games

edited June 2010 in Game Support
FYI to the person in charge at Telltale of naming the game shortcuts that are installed in the Windows Start Menu and desktop. Why can't Telltale standardize on a naming convention?

First it is frustrating that some of the older games don't even install a shortcut in the start menu, but only on the desktop. It's even more frustrating to not have the episode number in the name. It would be nice to have them named this way, so they are organized in the Start Menu. When I installed the latest Episode 3 of Sam & Max, the shortcut was just placed in my "Games" folder, instead of the default Telltale Games folder in the start menu.

Another example is Tales of Monkey Island, that is in start menu as "Tales of Monkey Island Chapter 1 - Launch of the Screaming Narwhal". See how the Chapter number is after the product name? This is inconsistent with Sam & Max that shows up as "Episode 101 - Culture Shock". I like everything organized, and this would save users some time and frustration.

Sorry...I don't mean to nitpick, but it looks unprofessional to not have some type of consistency in the game names, and also in the Program Files (x86) directory. Also, Season 3 was not named Season 3 in Program Files directory, but "Devil's Playhouse" by default!

Sam and Max - Season One
Sam and Max - Season Two
Sam and Max - The Devil's Playhouse

Comments

• Wile_E wrote: »
    Also, Season 3 was not named Season 3 in Program Files directory, but "Devil's Playhouse" by default!

Sam and Max - Season One
    Sam and Max - Season Two
    Sam and Max - The Devil's Playhouse

I believe they'd already dropped the season numbering before the release of the Devil's Playhouse. Season 1 and 2 were renamed 'Save the World' and 'Beyond Time and Space' respectively.
This discussion has been closed.